Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:02:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: (KICKSTARTER) - The Treadmill of Hubris - Kevin Adams' Independent Launch  (Read 4799 times)

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
Re: (KICKSTARTER) - The Treadmill of Hubris - Kevin Adams' Independent Launch
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2020, 11:15:09 AM »
The current intention is to set up a founders set for different lines, depending on which sell the most I think we will try to build up what you could consider a small army from the most successful sets.

Sounds like a good plan, I'm looking forward to seeing what Kev comes up with.
My current project...Classic Wargame - An experiment in 24" of wargaming!

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=140633.new#new

Offline GoblinMaster

• Student
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2020, 01:15:33 PM »
Just updating the thread with the pictures of the treadmill castings!

Offline GoblinMaster

• Student
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2020, 11:16:42 PM »
Met the goal (thank you) - so Kev has brought forward the release of a new model.

We have completed the set of Bounders and these are now ready for moulding !! The snappers come in all shapes and sizes, but all have a penchant for soft flesh.... you can well imagine what happens when they get among the enemy ranks.

*** NEW RANGE ***

Kevin has also sculpted a new range of models, with one included as a freebie if you pledge enough (this range will be sold on the website later). We would love to give them to everyone who pledged, but this would sadly be too costly, so have had to cut our cloth accordingly; only people pledging £135 or more will be getting a free model. Sorry.

This new model, the first of a new line, and the handy work (accidentally) of the Wizard Bertram Baptiste Bap, will be made into a set that should be released in the middle of the year. They are called Oddgoblins .... and will be part of the range Orrible Oddities ....

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/goblinmaster/the-treadmill-of-hubris-kevin-adams-independent-launch/posts/2753866

Offline Lost Egg

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2020, 06:45:13 AM »
Cool...I feel he should be called Bill :D

Offline Horrabin

• Assistant
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2020, 07:47:35 AM »
Hi, all - You don't know me, been lurking round for years but I feel compelled to post about this:

That Oddgoblin mentioned above is the proposed start of a range of chaos goblins! Kev Adams has said in the comments on the Kickstarter he's really enthusiastic to make them, (and already has loads of inventive ideas sketched out for), but he doesn't think anyone's interested, so that particular idea might not go anywhere which I think would be a tragedy

Kev's said he's envisaged this range with the 'oldhammer' crowd in mind (i.e. old school metal collectors, narrative wargamers and eclectic nutters) and I know there's a fair few of those around these parts so, if anyone is interested in this idea I'm appealing to you to make a comment to that effect (here or on the Kickstarter).

I have no vested interest in this beyond the fact that my favourite sculptor wants to fully open the floodgates on his creativity with a range that sits right in the sweet spot for his skills but places zero restrictions on what he can do. We could be talking C12 gobbo levels of character meets the Perry chaos goblins, blessed by Kev's direct line to the greenskin dimension. And judging by the sculpt above (which he did off the cuff!) I'm confident they'd be modern classics. 4 ears people, it's got 4 ears!

A few people have mentioned in this thread that they're interested to see what directions he might go in under his own creative control - I implore you to let the man know

Thanks for reading  :)
\"Black, his codpiece made of metal...\"

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2020, 08:02:52 AM »
I would almost certainly pick these up from what was shown earlier. They've got that Oldhammer vibe that's hard to resist.

Edit: just a thought, but why not start a new thread about the chaos goblins and include a poll?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 08:06:24 AM by Elk101 »

Offline Citizen Sade

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2020, 12:41:22 PM »
Well said, Horrabin. Good to see someone so enthused.

I'd love to see some skirmish warbands from Kev, maybe a dozen minis each; covering each of the main fantasy races.
This would be right up my seedy alley.

Offline Horrabin

• Assistant
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2020, 01:02:47 PM »
Thanks both for responding, very much appreciated!  :D

A pole is a brilliant idea, PM'd GoblinMaster to see if they'd mind...

Offline Horrabin

• Assistant
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2020, 01:03:39 PM »
Or a poll, even

Offline Duncan McDane

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2020, 01:14:46 PM »
Chaos Goblins would be a great addition, I know of at least one other gamer besides me who'd buy them on the spot  :).
Leadhead

Offline Horrabin

• Assistant
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2020, 01:23:10 PM »
Chaos Goblins would be a great addition, I know of at least one other gamer besides me who'd buy them on the spot  :).

Excellent news, cheers for responding!  :D

Offline majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2020, 11:36:52 AM »
Love the chaos goblin

Offline Spooktalker

• Mad Scientist
    • Warlock of Lead Mountain
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2020, 06:39:03 PM »
  :-* I like the treadmill a lot and would love to add it to my horde of Adams greenskins but the machine and the wizard both are asking more than I can justify vs what other sellers are offering today. If pricing was along the lines of Knightmare I would almost surely go for it. Maybe next one and best of luck with the venture! Love chaos goblin and the concept.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 10:14:34 PM by Spooktalker »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2020, 08:31:56 PM »
I agree with Spooktalker. The model is really nice, and I am very much tempted to get one.

The price, however, is pretty hefty. Especially for a KS offer.

But maybe I misjudge the model from the pictures. How bis is this thing? I would have guessed slightly larger than the old Snotling pump wagon.

Offline GoblinMaster

• Student
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2020, 04:51:46 PM »
Only 3 Hours left on the Kickstarter now!
 I've opened a poll here for people to suggest what they want from Kevin next.

https://poll.ly/#/PwX93yb9

I agree with Spooktalker. The model is really nice, and I am very much tempted to get one.

The price, however, is pretty hefty. Especially for a KS offer.

But maybe I misjudge the model from the pictures. How bis is this thing? I would have guessed slightly larger than the old Snotling pump wagon.

We recognise the price is high, but so is the cost to make it; and we have put the cost as low as we can in order to make it worth it to produce. We really want to reduce our costs going forward and make more smaller and less expensive sets for people to get their hands on. When I measured the Treadmill is came to 8cm in length, 6cm tall and 6cm wide so its quite big for a miniature.

:-* I like the treadmill a lot and would love to add it to my horde of Adams greenskins but the machine and the wizard both are asking more than I can justify vs what other sellers are offering today. If pricing was along the lines of Knightmare I would almost surely go for it. Maybe next one and best of luck with the venture! Love chaos goblin and the concept.

I suspect by then end of the year when we have more sets on our shop and we have found more ways of getting our prices down a bit more it will be comparable, please submit an answer to the poll or like what someone else has suggested so we can move closer to what people want to add to their armies.

Anyway, Thank you all for the feedback and support

GM