Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:36:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My cyberpunk/shadowrun/modern fantasy conversions - Goblin technomage 12 April  (Read 4528 times)

Online zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
I haven't updated for a bit, but I have been busy...

I finished converting the Ogre. He's undercoated and I should be starting to paint him soon

I finished converting the Goblin adventurer - just a gun since the last picture. He's in the same painting group as the Ogre

The Gretchin box came with an Orc squig handler. I cleaned him up, basically giving him a t-shirt. I don't really subscribe to wandering around in a cyberpunk setting without a shirt, so most of my greenstuff work seems to be putting shirts and trousers on figures... Anyway, I think he's about done. I was going to attempt a cloak, similar to the other Orcs, but the position of the arms changed my mind.

The other conversions on the go are plodding along, but no pictures at the moment.

I did finish some figures. The pictures aren't great, but they are better than the first lot, which I need to redo before posting.

Painted Goblin sniper

Painted hacker. I have learned a lot from this figure, so hopefully future ones will have better defined detail. The shapeways print quality wasn't great, so I need to look into that as well.

Offline Maddoc

• Librarian
Ace idea - makes me want to do my own, just for giggles :D

Maybe turn that squig handlers t-shirt into a t-shirt/basketball jersey combo? Adds a bit of colour to it? (when it's painted, obviously)

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Lovely project!

Online zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
Ace idea - makes me want to do my own, just for giggles :D

Maybe turn that squig handlers t-shirt into a t-shirt/basketball jersey combo? Adds a bit of colour to it? (when it's painted, obviously)

Good idea. There is a big surface are to play with so hopefully I can come up with something.

Lovely project!

Thanks. It's been good fun. My mojo's dipping slightly at the moment (world event don't exactly help  :(), but there are a couple more on the go. I'll try and put up some pictures of the WIPs when I remember to take them  ;D

Offline number1section1

• Bookworm
These are awesome! I have been tempted to do something similar ever since I saw the film Bright!

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
Thanks. It's been good fun. My mojo's dipping slightly at the moment (world event don't exactly help  :(), but there are a couple more on the go. I'll try and put up some pictures of the WIPs when I remember to take them  ;D

Well, keep up the good work. It's an amazing project!

Have you seen CP Models Grem Alliance? They're awesome, especially the Dire Grems!

Online zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
Well, keep up the good work. It's an amazing project!

Have you seen CP Models Grem Alliance? They're awesome, especially the Dire Grems!

I hadn't seen those models, some of them definitely look useful.

Something else to add to the "things to buy when normality is resumed" list. Thanks for the suggestion :D

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
Great thread, I did wonder if the GW catchan jungle fighters with head swap and green skin tone would make orc gangers,? On a smaller scale.

Online zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
Great thread, I did wonder if the GW catchan jungle fighters with head swap and green skin tone would make orc gangers,? On a smaller scale.

That's an interesting thought. I've had a box of those since they came out and I've never found a use for them as conversion fodder. However, that could work and would be more humanoid than the regular GW ones.

I have some Hasslefree Orc heads, but they may be too small and some MaxMini ones, but they're huge. Still, definitely worth a look, thanks for the suggestion :)

These are awesome! I have been tempted to do something similar ever since I saw the film Bright!

Thanks. I've been looking for that movie for years and you prompted me to search again. It looks like it's Netflix only and they don't put their movies on DVD  :(

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
That's an interesting thought. I've had a box of those since they came out and I've never found a use for them as conversion fodder. However, that could work and would be more humanoid than the regular GW ones.

I have some Hasslefree Orc heads, but they may be too small and some MaxMini ones, but they're huge. Still, definitely worth a look, thanks for the suggestion :)

I've seen ungor beastmen dehorned an think ears filed down to make orcish heads?

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
.......I did wonder if the GW catchan jungle fighters with head swap and green skin tone would make orc gangers,?

It is about the only thing the Catachan figures are good for.  They don't need green skin though:

There are a lot of suitable bodies, problem is finding suitable sized orc heads without helmets and armour.  I would love to see Statuesque or Heresy do a selection of orc heads.  Humans, Undead, Demons etc no problem but no love for Orcs. 
The first batch of conversions I did for my 25/28mm Shadowrun collection used the Mantic KoW Orc head, but you only get 1 per 8 figures so it is not a cost effective way of doing it, and even then it is only the one so always the same.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
That is a great idea.
It is about the only thing the Catachan figures are good for. 
I used mine (from the three for the price of two offer at the opening of GW Bristol) with Beastman heads.
http://ultravanillasmurf.blogspot.com/2017/06/shadow-war-armageddon-beastman-kill-team.html

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
I used mine (from the three for the price of two offer at the opening of GW Bristol) with Beastman heads.

Very cool looking squad

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
It is about the only thing the Catachan figures are good for.  They don't need green skin though:
Thats exactly how I envisaged them and your right the skin tome is spot on 👍

There are a lot of suitable bodies, problem is finding suitable sized orc heads without helmets and armour.  I would love to see Statuesque or Heresy do a selection of orc heads.  Humans, Undead, Demons etc no problem but no love for Orcs. 
The first batch of conversions I did for my 25/28mm Shadowrun collection used the Mantic KoW Orc head, but you only get 1 per 8 figures so it is not a cost effective way of doing it, and even then it is only the one so always the same.

Online zemjw

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • My blog
I finished the Goblin technomage yesterday. He was another figure from the gretchin box.

The squig handler in that box comes with two options for the top of the staff, so I used the spare one for this figure.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 07:34:27 PM by zemjw »