Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:08:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686585
  • Total Topics: 118108
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Ghosts of the Shadow-Grave  (Read 21897 times)

Offline scatterbrains

• Scientist
Ghosts of the Shadow-Grave
« on: January 31, 2020, 01:17:37 PM »
Hello everyone! Hope you find something useful in my little corner of Frostgrave and Shadow Deep! Feel free to suggest/critique/encourage/ask questions!

Here are some pictures of my terrain so far, all of it is scratch built stuff to make a shadow deep or frostgrave table, I'm house-ruling shadow deep campaigns happen on a very cold autumn so I can justify the snowy effect  ;)

The little cottage was a lot of fun to build and I desperately need more little buildings for Shadow Deep. It's cardboard, filler, coffee stirrers, hot glue for the roof and some 3D pen details.
The low walls are foam brisks and hot glue.
The rock formations are tree bark.
The trees basically follow the tutorial from beasts of war I think with wooden dowels, big metal washers and hot glue for the root textures.
The well, the pool (picture 1), the wizard's desk, furniture and dungeon scatter (picture 3) are all from 'crooked staff publishing'. He has amazing tutorials on youtube and it's all free on Wargame Vault.

Then those modular ruins which can be piled up into a tower and completely disassembled are scratch build from a sturdy kind of black foam i found online.
The box is a Chinese moon cake box, covered with textures from WorldWorksGames printed out on sticker paper and wrapped around or cut to size. The inside dividers are made from sturdy foam material and can be used as walls or something like an aqueduct bridge. The modular ruins from the other picture fit snugly inside because I'm an idiot and fancied myself an engineer.

Now it's time for dinner so I'll post the miniatures I have completed so far tomorrow! And hopefully some campaigns later this spring!

PS: I hope I'm doing this right, wouldn't want to break any forum rules on day 1.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 01:28:21 AM by scatterbrains »

Offline scatterbrains

• Scientist
Re: Professor O's frosty-ghost-shadow-grave
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 01:43:29 AM »
Tough crowd eh?

The miniatures for encounters and pets so far:

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 01:48:43 AM »
Nice stuff! Glad to see you leaping in to the game, as it is really my favorite thing going right now.

So, where are the Rangers? :)

Offline scatterbrains

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 01:59:24 AM »
Nice stuff! Glad to see you leaping in to the game, as it is really my favorite thing going right now.

So, where are the Rangers? :)

Thank you LeadAsbestos! They are coming soon hopefully, all the pictures seem to be a bit blurry and probably don't need to be so big I'm trying to figure out the settings on the camera phone ... probably should find a tutorial somewhere!

Offline scatterbrains

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 04:40:19 AM »
OMG, you can see so many things in pictures that my eyes don't even see when I'm painting. I wish the camera was lower quality  o_o

1-2: My ranger Azure, friendliest of the gray Elves (which by human standards means he's barely tolerable but his ability to get things done is attractive).
3: Cerulean the thief. He's from a big family of heritors but he didn't inherit anything other than a bad case of sea sickness and healthy fear of water. So when his family members heard of the reappearance of the archipelago you'll understand why he decided not to get on the boat.
4:Marcus the Arcanist and his love interest Ysabel. He drinks and he knows things, she has an axe and she's not afraid to use it!
5:Skanka and Dombas: Sister and Brother from the north looking to sell some furniture and maybe adventure a bit.
6:Ruff, Johrgrund, Korin and the Prior (special box from zombicide Jovem Nerd). Also from the North, Knight, Savage, Man-at-Arms and Templar.
7:Lord Bazak and Genevieve: take absolutely no gruff from anyone, it'll take a siege weapon to stop them.

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 05:26:17 AM »
Nice painting and terrain Scatterbrains!
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline Kublaibenzine

• Student
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2020, 07:21:07 AM »
Lovely work! I must crack on with mine. Kudos for the imagination and energy!

Offline LiamFrostfang

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2020, 12:33:34 PM »
 :o fabtastic stuff!!!

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2020, 04:55:22 PM »
fabtastic  !!

gonna have to remember that one, excellent  lol

yeah - love all your stuff above. Very envious and look forward to seeing a fully laid out board.
like that you're using CMON boardgame minis too - I'm intending to do that.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 04:58:02 PM by Bloggard »

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2020, 04:58:15 PM »
Excellent!!
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'

Offline scatterbrains

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2020, 04:29:10 AM »
Thanks for all the kind words guys!

@Bloggard: yes the CMON minis are perfect for it, that's what made me buy the books for frostgrave and RoS because I realized I already had a bunch of minis that fit the setting and it was a great excuse to deal with the unpainted stuff.
 As for a fully laid out table I hope soon ... it still looks a bit empty when I lay it out and waiting for a gaming matt in the mail. Need more trees and village buildings for RoS too!

I finished off Doctor Everett  (only needed basing and varnish) and built two little boats for I don't know what yet.

Dr. is from North Star Horror and I guess his hat doesn't fit the context but he's such a cool looking mini and this is 'Fantasy' so maybe use him as a necromancer or for a future temple of madness campaign with the extra spells for rangers. I think it's the mini I've most enjoyed painting ever so far!
The boats are from 'papier schnitzel' drivethru rpg, I have a paper cutter which makes these quite quick to put together.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2020, 11:24:07 AM »
oh yes - that's a fab miniature - nice paint-job.

boats are very well done - don't think I'd have known they were paper without you saying - how does the cutter help - it literally automates that part of things? Be good to see a photo of said machine if you ever get a chance.

I particuarly like the 'dungeon' inners you've shown above - they're looking great, and a 'full' set-up of them is going to be quite something...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 09:51:32 AM by Bloggard »

Offline Swordisdrawn

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
  • '
    • Sword is Drawn
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2020, 12:38:10 PM »
Wonderful stuff. Love the ghouls :o
'The night is gone and the sword is drawn and the scabbard thrown away!'

Instagram Swordisdrawn264

Offline LiamFrostfang

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2020, 12:47:18 PM »
 :o dig it!!!

Offline Corporal Chaos

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2020, 02:55:29 AM »
Very nice collection. Great painting on the figures. Great breakout into the forum.
I should be painting right now.