Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:45:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686647
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 28mm Gordon Institute for Archeology and Paranormal Study (lots of pics)  (Read 7784 times)

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Re: 28mm Gordon Institute for Archeology and Paranormal Study (lots of pics)
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2020, 08:58:17 AM »
Fantastic, really lovely!   :-*   :-*   :-*

Offline dampfpanzerwagon

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2020, 09:01:28 AM »
A fantastic post - thank you for showing us your work.

Tony

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2020, 09:34:01 AM »
Lordy. lory... That's very ambitious and beautifully executed.

Offline LordBrentlake

• Bookworm
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2020, 12:01:31 PM »
Absolutely first-class in both concept and execution. Very well done.

Offline twrchtrwyth

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Don't join dangerous cults: practice safe sects.
    • Deeside Defenders
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2020, 02:06:01 PM »
Fantastic, all of it.
He that trades Liberty for Security will soon find that he has neither.

Benjamin Franklin

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2020, 04:01:39 PM »
great stuff :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2020, 04:42:17 PM »
Late to the party but, yes, quite nice.  Perhaps the institute is located in the town of Esoteric?  Seems right to me.  I notice this isn't a gallery on your website yet, Richard.  Will it be soon with more explanations regarding your thoughts and process?  I like the table inside the ruined building - and did I spy a variation of a Ghostbuster crew and vehicle labeled for the institute?

Offline Traveler Man

• Mastermind
    • The Hetzenberg Chronicles
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2020, 10:39:55 PM »
A superb set-up! I can imagine all kinds of shenanigans happening on that campus.
"It's amusing, it's amazing, and it's never twice the same: It's the salt of true adventure, and the glamour of the game."

Talbot Mundy, The Ivory Trail.

http://ajstable.blogspot.com
http://hetzenberg.blogspot.com

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2020, 07:01:30 AM »
Absolutely brilliant! Every time I look I find something else. Great imagination and a quality set up. I assumed the 3 witches were just the second years studying Macbeth!

Offline Ockman

• Mastermind
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2020, 08:19:12 AM »
This is utterly amazing!

Wow, just wow! 

:-* :o :-* :o :-*

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2020, 12:08:45 PM »
Amazing setup :)
As always its the little details that makes it come alive and your table is full of interesting details. My favorite is probably the rollerskating fellow with the blue scarf.

Offline Sunjester

• Mastermind
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2020, 06:31:46 PM »
Absolutely superb display as usual!

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2020, 04:44:37 PM »
My very sincere thanks to all of you who took the time to write and for the very generous comments.  They are much appreciated.  I hope there are ideas that some of you can use or that spark other ideas of your own.  Lead Adventure Forum has always been a place that inspired ideas for me.
Syrinx0, the game table is a Christmas decoration of the Life game that I found in a box of cast-off stuff at the swap meet... I couldn't resist it.
Captain Blood, every once in awhile some figures catch my attention that have absolutely nothing to do with any of the projects I am doing or planning... they don't really fit in my normal projects. The witches are those kind of figures and since the Gordon Institute is a little unusual in and of itself, I decided to fit them in.  Funny that you mentioned Harry Potter because the school desks are taken from several Hogwarts' playsets that I found at the swap meet and repurposed.  I have enjoyed your work for years.  I'm very happy that you enjoyed the Institute.
Ghost, as a retired teacher I can say that blackboard writing is not as easy as it may appear.
Metternich, thank you for the "little world" comment.  Little worlds are what I try to create with each of my projects.
scatterbrains, I love the bike rack; wouldn't be a campus without one.
Hammers, I must offer a shout out to you for all the inspiration and smiles your work has brought me over the years.  You are the stuff that has made LAF a place to go for great ideas.
FifteensAway, the Gordon Institute doesn't have an independent gallery on my website yet.  It does show up in other collection such as my Pulp Egyptian collection.  I began work on the Institute before I added the Weekly Workbench to my website.  But it is my plan to have an independent Gordon Institute Gallery on my website in the future which will include the campus and their research expeditions.  Collecting has already begun for a Loch Ness expedition, the establishment of a frozen north Institute station, a hunt for sunken treasure and other mysteries, and an expedition to investigate the legion of Kong.  I'm sure there will be more if time permits.  I love the Institute.  Yes, those are Ghostbuster-like figures (paranormal investigators) from Crooked Dice.  Always good to hear from you.  My work on my 15mm Napoleonic Peninsular War continues, but then I return to the Gordon Institute... I hope this June.
Traveler Man, "shenanigans" is a great word.  Love to have it associated with the Institute.
Elk101, I find things in the pictures that I have forgotten were there.  When that happens I know I have been doing what I set out to do.
Munindk, when you wrote this I had to go back and find the roller skater in the pictures... I love it when that happens.  It's a great figure by Eureka.
Once again, thanks to all of you for having a look at the Gordon Institute, and for the very kind words.  You haven't heard the last of the Institute.  Richard
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 06:04:06 PM by War In 15MM »

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2020, 05:02:38 PM »
Ah, the ever modest Richard.  While you rightly pay homage to some very luminous stars in the LAF firmament, you, Sir, are one of the brightest of those stars and give vast encouragement to so many of us.

Beyond all possible doubt, when my Plains of Africa debuts, it will owe a great debt to your own work.  And that is true even though we initially fed off of each other - you went beyond and inspired me to follow in your foot steps.  And, hopefully, do enough to cause you to consider revisiting and enhancing your own work!  lol  Only time will tell.  Just now the ACW and the AWI are grand distractions, with a side trip to the Old West and a beginnings of German East Africa in 15 mm (Yee-super-haw!)  But I've added some creatures of late, I have - though not for the African plains.  Can you believe it, I now have 15 mm elephant seals, sea lions, walruses, and penguins to join my critterdom?  Just couldn't resist - and without any real plan for them.

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2020, 12:19:38 AM »
FifteensAway, thank you for your very generous comments about my work and about its influence on yours... very much appreciated.

I look forward to seeing your Africa... as you well know my animal herds were relatively large in terms of 28mm collections, but nothing like the size that you are putting together in 15s.  The table area that you are planning for your Boxer Rebellion is also remarkable.  Because I limited myself to 5 ft. x 7 ft. tables, I could only reflect the basic idea of the legation region... I couldn't recreate it.  With the space you are planning you will come much closer that I did.  Something to look forward too.

I have had many "just couldn't resist" moments over the years.  In fact, I have sea lions, walruses, and penguins that fall into that category, but for 28mm.  More often than not they find a home as was the case with the witches here in the Gordon Institute.  The sea lions, walruses, and penguins will also become part of a Gordon Institute project... the establish a frozen north Insitute station.

Once again, thanks so much for writing and your kind words.
Richard