Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:38:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686589
  • Total Topics: 118109
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 28mm Gordon Institute for Archeology and Paranormal Study (lots of pics)  (Read 7782 times)

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: 28mm Gordon Institute for Archeology and Paranormal Study (lots of pics)
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2020, 10:16:35 AM »
A swiss army knife of a collection . Masquerading as single location. Versatile and intelligent scenery that demands  nefarious schemes and daring do.
Having a fair idea of how much time and effort is involved in such a project. I'd say you've every right to feel more than a little smug  with the out come.

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2020, 10:54:06 PM »
tin shed gamer, as you know I have enjoyed your work so your comment about my work being "a Swiss army knife of a collection" is very much appreciated.   I have no doubt that the future holds many nefarious schemes for the Gordon Institute to investigate... much daring do to be daringly done.  Once again thank you very much for taking the time to write and for your very generous comments.  Richard
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 11:34:41 PM by War In 15MM »

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2020, 01:29:12 AM »
Your collection is versatile. Even more so when you apply a Pulp  approach to Architecture

The white building alone would set the tone from North Africa to India Via Afghanistan,  whilst still being at home in  thick jungle.

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2020, 06:18:28 PM »
An excellent way to showcase your collection

8)

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2020, 08:39:14 PM »
Thanks to both of you for taking the time to write... always appreciated.

in shed gamer, all of the buildings (the classic Gothic structures and the white/very light grey domed building) are from Pegasus back when they did them as complete structures in resin rather than plastic modular structures.  Even the walls around the Institute is made of modified Pegasus resin stone walls.  Because they were too short in their original condition, I raised them up on two levels of Legos and then covered the Legos with Milliput scored to look like scrubs (I hope).

AKULA, when I do these posting I attempt to put the figures in a context that gives them more appeal than my painting ability alone with have.  Because I keep all these galleries on my vanity website I can see them whenever I want in the context of a diorama-style layout without having to set them up every time I get the urge to see them again.

Thanks again to both of you for writing.
Richard