Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:49:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686591
  • Total Topics: 118109
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pre-release special offer for 6mm Nova Respublik tanks (AD)  (Read 1889 times)

Offline Khurasan Miniatures

• Mastermind
  • Miniature manufacturer to the stars
    • Khurasan Miniatures
Pre-release special offer for 6mm Nova Respublik tanks (AD)
« on: February 04, 2020, 05:13:49 AM »
Pre-release special offers on Khurasan Miniatures’ soon-to-be-released 6mm Nova Respublik Drakon tanks and Grifon APCs!

http://khurasanminiatures.tripod.com/6mmscifi.html

These are company sets — ten tanks or twelve APCs, at a price break from normal retail. There are six different vehicles available — a grav and a tracked Grifon, and a grav and a tracked Drakon with cannon or with railgun.

Prices will return to normal list price once stock is in — in only 1-2 weeks.

Khurasan Miniatures

Like us on Facebook for updates:
http://www.facebook.com/khurasanminiatures

Offline madman

• Scientist
Re: Pre-release special offer for 6mm Nova Respublik tanks (AD)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 05:27:46 PM »
What is that drop ship looking beast in the picture at the top of the page, something yet to come or...?

• Mastermind
    • Khurasan Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 06:15:41 PM »
It's the 6mm version of the Cormorant lander.  It can drop or pick up a platoon of infantry, or it can act as a yacht/shuttle for non-military purposes.  It's going to be released soon. 

Offline madman

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 10:42:58 PM »
That interests me as, no offense, I have somewhere between 2000 and 4000 WWII and modern tanks, APCs etc. and just use them for sci fi vehicles but I have to say if I was just starting or didn't have the masses I have your stuff is beautiful. Thank you.

Offline Splod

• Mad Scientist
  • Flittering from one project to another
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 11:00:08 PM »
Fantastic! I'd love to see more company/battalion packs like this being released by manufacturers. I'm terrible at making a decision on how many of something to buy, so these packs are a great guide  :D

Offline madman

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 12:05:29 AM »
About 100 of each should be a good starting point!

Fantastic! I'd love to see more company/battalion packs like this being released by manufacturers. I'm terrible at making a decision on how many of something to buy, so these packs are a great guide  :D

• Mastermind
    • Khurasan Miniatures
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 03:30:53 PM »

What's interesting to me, Splod, is that many gamers buy quite small numbers of 6mm.  I had always assumed that people play 6mm to fight massed battles economically and on a reasonably sized table, but I most often will sell maybe just 2-4 vehicles and 1-2 packs of infantry.  Only very occasionally will someone buy more than, say, 6 vehicles.  I honestly don't understand it.

I'm not complaining -- I got into 6mm on a lark and I've been very impressed by how widespread the interest from buyers has been.  That's why I now typically make everything in 6mm as well as 15mm.  There's definitely more interest in going down to 6mm than going up to 28mm -- that stuff doesn't sell very well at all.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 03:33:17 PM by Khurasan Miniatures »

• Mastermind
    • Khurasan Miniatures
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 12:28:09 AM »
Update on these new 6mm Nova Respublik AFV models  — they are in stock and available, now in individual kits as well as company sets.

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 06:59:02 PM »
Those are lovely, I don't have the 15mm versions of those yet, but will have to pick them up with the 6mm versions at some stage.

I'm getting more and more interested in 6mm sci fi as a way of fighting battles that involve company level units (for 15mm its mostly platoon level and RPGs) so its nice to see manufacturers making 6mm versions of their 15mm kit.

I'd also like to get into 28mm sci fi, but its not as varied as other scales. Generally I just want to buy say vehicle/models as I like the look of them rather than for wargaming generally.

Its also easier for me to store smaller scales and hide them from the prospective 'other-half'.

Offline madman

• Scientist
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2020, 11:16:29 PM »
It's the 6mm version of the Cormorant lander.  It can drop or pick up a platoon of infantry, or it can act as a yacht/shuttle for non-military purposes.  It's going to be released soon.

Is it soon yet? Thank you.

Sigh, nothing for a while.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 11:28:28 PM by madman »

Offline madman

• Scientist
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2020, 12:18:17 AM »
OK lets go further out on this limb before I start cutting it behind me!

I would also like to see the 15mm Heavy VTOL Gunship, the advanced superheavy grav tank (great Traveller feel to that one!) and the tracked superheavy tank produced in 6mm. Others as well but these especially. Just giving you feedback. Thank you for the excellent minis.