Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:47:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: [KS] RBJ Game's "GRUNTS" : 28mm PIG FACED WARRIORS CAST IN WHITE METAL : Orcs  (Read 934 times)

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist

I previously backed the RBJ "Yippers and Squealers" KS (dog-faced kobolds, and pig-faced orcs) and the KS went fine. The Squealers will be offered in this KS as well. I'm only posting these pledges to show all the miniatures, and other pledges are available, including one with "everything".

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1620164718/grunts?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=grunt

Crimson Scales with Wildspire Miniatures thread on Reaper!
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/103935-wildspire-miniatures-thread/

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
Is there a fulfillment date? I couldn’t find one.
So if you backed the pig faced orcs how big are they? I saw the size comparison between the line but was wondering about to other lines like Otherworld. 
Thanks for posting
Pete
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 03:30:10 AM by fitterpete »

Offline Chief Lackey Rich

• Mastermind
Funny, I was just looking at their site the other day with an eye toward using their Infestors for Stargrave Q37 Bugs.  Must have just missed the KS announcement.  They look good to me, can never have too many pig-faced orcs on the market.

The Big Bad Wolf fig makes me think they really need to get someone to do a Tex Avery-styled Red Riding Hood to go with him.  Also like the suggestion in the KS comments about doing some scifi pig-faced orcs somewhere down the road.

Is there a fulfillment date? I couldn’t find one.

It's not a firm date, but mold-making has started.  From the first KS update:

"Wow!   We funded in about two hours. 

Also just to let everyone know, due to the supply problems that we experience the last time around, we have secured a supply of rubber blanks for this project ahead of time and have them sitting on the floor right now.  So we won't be delayed by that particular issue this time.  Since we are now funded, I'll likely go ahead and start pressing the production molds on these figures ahead of time just to move things along on this project.   

Thank you guys so much.  You make all of our figures possible by supporting us."

I saw the size comparison between the line but was wondering about to other lines like Otherworld.
Can't help with that, but past experience with the RBJ stuff tells me those are probably 25mm bases the regualr grunts are standing on, so you sort of get a feel for size.  Someone around LAF must have samples of both lines to do a comp shot, though.

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
Their plate armor reminds me very much of the LotR art by the Brothers Hildebrandt. Very nice!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
While I don't own any, I do really dig the pig-faced Orcs, and these look pretty excellent.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
I backed. You’re right if those are 25mm bases they fill them out nicely.
I’m going to start painting a 400 figure orc and goblin army I’ve been collecting from multiple manufacturers come the new year. Can’t have enough pig faced orcs to sprinkle in units lol.
Thanks again for posting this.