Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:34:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686647
  • Total Topics: 118117
  • Online Today: 788
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [Commercial] Storms Ciara and Dennis put Fighting 15s out of action  (Read 1245 times)

Offline Fighting15s

• Scientist
    • Fighting 15s
Our casting room is out of action, because Storm Ciara has taken the felt off the roof. We will be moving moulds and casting machines over the next day or so to get that side of the operation back in action.

Our packing and stock room is also out of action, because the roofing felt severed the power supply when it flew off. We are therefore unlikely to get orders out to customers in the next few days. Accordingly, the online shop is temporarily closed to new orders.

A builder will be coming on Tuesday to properly assess the damage and hopefully to waterproof the casting room roof again until a permanent replacement can be installed. There’s a limit to what can be done today because the wind has yet to die down sufficiently to allow much work to be done outside.

This is a once in a lifetime break in service caused by atrocious weather with hurricane force winds. Fighting 15s and Gladiator Miniatures aim to be up and running again as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 11:42:43 AM by Fighting15s »
Ian
Fighting 15s
Gladiator Miniatures, Fighting 15s Flags, Martian Empires and Flashing Blade Miniatures
https://www.fighting15s.com

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Re: [Commercial] Storm Ciara puts Fighting 15s out of action
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 11:45:52 AM »
That's not good  :?

Hope you get everything sorted as soon as possible.
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Fighting15s

• Scientist
    • Fighting 15s
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 08:00:02 AM »
The moulds are now all in the house, so safe and dry. The casting machines are covered. The wooden shelves are off most of the racks, and again largely safe and dry.

I need to create more room in the house so I can temporarily put the shelves up, re-rack the moulds and therefore create even more space. I don’t expect to be up and running for a week. I have yet to get the packing and stock area back in action.

Please think of my wife who, not only helped shift the 1000+ moulds but now has to live with them all around her for an indefinite period.  :)

Offline Fighting15s

• Scientist
    • Fighting 15s
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 11:42:23 AM »
Another update: we lost power to most of the house on Sunday as Storm Dennis dropped a little water everywhere. Power was restored today to everywhere except the casting room, which with running cold water and wet floors doesn't need mains electricity at present.

Our shop is now open to new orders again, but we are still unable to do any casting. That's OK if you're just making use of our fabulous clearance prices on Eureka Miniatures and AB Figures, but anything that is cast to order – Gladiator Miniatures, Fighting 15s figures, and Martian Empires – may be subject to delay. We obviously have some stock of these ranges cast up and in the stock drawers, but quantities may be limited.

I am moving things around to create space for the casting machines somewhere dry and with power so they can get back into action, but it will take time. Thank you for your patience.

Ian

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: [Commercial] Storms Ciara and Dennis put Fighting 15s out of action
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 01:08:37 PM »
Oh dear. Bloody weather. Good luck getting back up and running, Ian.

Offline Fighting15s

• Scientist
    • Fighting 15s
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 06:37:28 PM »
Oh dear. Bloody weather. Good luck getting back up and running, Ian.

I'm getting there. The only thing that's out of commission now is the casting room and therefore the casting machines. Because the storm has made every roofing contractor busy, I can't get quotes quickly for the work. But it will happen at some point.

In the meantime, Paul at Early War Miniatures in Ventnor has very kindly allowed me to have some time on his machine, which should help me keep on top of direct orders, if slowly. But the big trade order for Scale Creep may have to wait for a few dry days when I can take the tarpaulins off the machinery. Paul and I met several times before he moved to the Island, and one of the advantages we saw was each of us having another manufacturer locally to help in the event of a disaster. Not that I guess either of us imagined it would ever be necessary. :)

Offline Fighting15s

• Scientist
    • Fighting 15s
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2020, 07:29:30 PM »
I've managed to set up the office and a casting machine in new locations, and resumed metal casting today. Resin casting will have to wait a bit longer.

Work on reroofing the casting room will not start until April at the earliest, and when that is complete the driers can come in to do something about the saturated walls. With luck, everything can go back to its original locations by the end of April - or at worst sometime in May.