Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:14:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: BBB Bash Day, Oxford UK, Saturday 13 June 2020  (Read 445 times)

Offline ChrisBBB

• Scientist
BBB Bash Day, Oxford UK, Saturday 13 June 2020
« on: February 11, 2020, 01:37:20 PM »
[Posting on behalf of Colin Wilcock]

We are pleased to let you know that the next Bloody Big Battles (BBB) "Bash Day" will be on Saturday 13 June 2020.
Where  – Wolvercote Village Hall, Oxford OX2 8AB.  Wolvercote is in the very  north of the city and the Hall is about 1/2 mile from the A34 and A40  (& A44, for that matter!)
Time – games run from 10.00 to 17.00
Cost, per person, payable on the day, will be £7.50 GBP.
Format: similar to the previous Bash Days.
http://www.oxfordwargamessociety.org.uk/bigbash.html

Gamemasters  will provide a range of participation games.  Some tables will run two  games, one in the morning session and another in the afternoon (possibly  as linked battles in a mini-campaign). Other tables may just run one  longer game. Most games are likely to be 19th century historical  battles, but previous Bash Days have seen earlier or later wars  represented as well. If there is a particular war or even a particular  battle that interests you, by all means let us know, as we will try to  adjust the programme to provide what people want.
Tea and coffee  will be provided. For lunch, please bring a packed lunch or there is an  excellent local pub, the Plough, just down the road.
Please do not hesitate to contact me for further details, if any of the above is not clear or if you want more information.
I  trust that this has whetted your appetite, I look forward to hearing  from you soon.  Last year was a really fun day – I look forward to  renewing old acquaintances and to welcoming new players to the ruleset  where you can achieve the HQGE (High Quality Game Experience, see Chris  Pringle's BBB Blog bloodybigbattles.blogspot.com  ) and learn a bit of history along the way.
Cheers
Colin
Colin Wilcock
dogboat202@yahoo.co.uk