Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:06:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690462
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: ID for some fantasy figures.  (Read 2092 times)

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Chicago Skirmish Wargames
ID for some fantasy figures.
« on: February 17, 2020, 01:51:55 AM »
 I picked up a big batch of figures at a resale shop this weekend.   I assume they are from a boardgames of some sort. Most are still in their sealed bags (oddly they appear assembled in the bag.) with a few figures in each.   Here's a shot of a couple in front of the pile of bags.

Most are monsters of various types and sizes, but there's some dungeon features and a selection of light grey hero figures.  There are still gaps, but the textured bases are a nice touch.  Some of these would have use in my war-games forces, but most I'm hoping to use to get my kids (and maybe their friends) into wargaming.

Anyone recognize the game they came from?     If folks aren't sure I could pop a few more bags and take more pics, but I like that they're at least bagged and semi-organized now.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: ID for some fantasy figures.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 08:23:38 AM »
Yes; these are all from the Myth boardgame by Megacon Games.

Can't quite make out the left two (the leftmost could be a captain from the skeleton faction), but the lighter material two human ones are the female and male bard hero miniatures, then there are three spawnpoints for various races and finally a ratman (can't recall their in-game name, but one of the game box heroes is from this race).

They are made of a restic type of material, and did come assembled, or as one piece and there was a virtual ton of them in the original game box.

The game is pretty awesome; it's a coop dungeon crawl against the game system. It allows for, nay, requires metagaming between players to get the job done, and is an absolute blast to play.

Good find!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 08:25:20 AM by Daeothar »
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 12:29:20 PM »
Thanks so much for that!
I took a look at the KS page, and I haven't tallied yet, but I think I've got the figures from the Apprentice level pledge figures plus a few add-ons. 
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/megacongames/myth-0
Easily the best wargaming find I've ever made at a resale shop.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 01:16:54 PM »
Excellent stuff! Congrats again :)

I was able to latch onto somebody else's first pledge, and got me the basic box back then.

I then went in heavily during the Journeyman KS, for basically everything, plus loads of stuff to complement what I had missed out on during the first one.

Of course that was the moment that Megacon got into trouble, and the KS was never fulfilled; €375,- down the drain on that one, which was the reason for me to never again back any crowdfunder with such a stupid amount of money ::)

There was some fulfillment though, and I did get some 2nd ed cards and two scenario boxes, but the bulk of the pledge, I never received.

However; there is hope, since Ulisses Games ended up buying all Megacon IP, and has been working towards actually fulfilling the Journeyman KS from 5 years ago!

Well; a few emails have been sent out, to gauge the amount of stuff the backers are still owed, but the effort and intent are there. They did not have to, but they're doing it anyway, which does make me feel grateful in advance.

So if you're ever looking to off-load some of those Myth minis; I'll be right here... :D

Offline eilif

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 01:39:52 PM »
Sorry to hear that happened to you.  I've dodged a couple KS bullets but somehow haven't gotten burned yet.

I'd be happy to help you fill the gaps in your KS.
Cross-pond shipping can be pricey, but if you want to give it a go shoot me a PM offer with what you need and what you're looking to spend and hopefully we can work something out.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 01:57:50 PM »
Thanks for that, but I'm in no particular hurry; Ulisses is working to fulfill all pledges, and after 5 years, a few months extra will be hardly felt ;)

I was more referring to you possibly not needing certain miniatures and wanting to sell them off, because in that case, I would obviously be interested (and I know my regular gaming buddy would be too).

Shipping across the pond could be a deterrent of course, but we'll see about that, should the time come :)