Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:48:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689716
  • Total Topics: 118289
  • Online Today: 768
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Looking for a miniature of an Indian man servant  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
Looking for a miniature of an Indian man servant
« on: January 10, 2020, 05:09:24 PM »
Slightly odd request but I'd like to give my Victorian British officers/explorers/ adventures a loyal Indian man servant (or two). I 'd rather like him to resemble the handsome chap that appears on bottles of Camp Coffee (a staple of my childhood) for those not in the know this (one of) the labels found on camp coffee

If he is holding a tray it would be great but I'd settle for a natty uniform and turban in a non combat pose. Obviously armed uniformed Indians are pretty easy to find but I'd like something unarmed. Can anyone think of any miniatures that would fit the bill?

Any help would be appreciated  :)

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Looking for a miniature of an Indian man servant
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 05:54:10 PM »
There is an Askari manservant in the Wargames foundry range that with a head swap ( or GS turban) could work maybe?

Scrubber

Offline Banderium

• Librarian
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 06:19:18 PM »
Sorry. Post deleted.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 06:23:02 PM by Banderium »

Offline Drunkendwarf

• Mad Scientist

Offline italwars

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2020, 07:18:07 PM »
Very nice and iconic idea ...I’ll study how to provide Some of my colonial officers with servants .they are lot of possibilities for every Imperial nation ..my italian seated general barattieri has one already included in a sort of smal diorama by the manufacture who produced it...in the moovie zulu dawn lord Chelmsford had also an Indian servant ..could it be historically true ? In fact I never saw an AZW engraving with evidence of that
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 07:21:15 PM by italwars »

Offline S J Donovan

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 06:11:50 AM »
Try https://store.pulpalley.com/product-p/1405.htm is a great Indian manservant with holster.

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 05:37:16 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions guys gives me something to work  with.

Offline Mad Guru

• Mad Scientist
    • Maiwand Day blog
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2020, 10:18:56 AM »
Late to the party but would like to add a few more options to the excellent ones listed above...

(1) The Sikh in the middle of the upper row might work straight out of the "Stalwart Companions" box from Pulp Figures:

(2) I've converted the Wargames Foundry German prisoner standing at attention in their WWI "Interrogation" set to serve as a c.1880 Afghan orderly with a simple head-swap, and the same could be done using an Indian head of your choice:

(3) I've done a similarly simple conversion using a Wargames Foundry Afghan regular artillery crewman with a head-swap from an Afghan regular Infantryman to make an aide-de-camp for Ayub Khan. The converted figure is on the left, with Ayub Khan seated in the middle and appropriately enough the Artizan "Swami" recommended by Drunkendwarf on the right -- again, replace the Afghan fur cap head with an Indian head of your choice:

« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 08:40:26 AM by Mad Guru »
"We shall see what wisdom lies beneath my madness!"

Offline Arundel

• Mastermind
  • Galloping Outward Into the Weather!
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2020, 04:00:00 PM »
Great figures, Guru, as always! I especially like the last shot, and the chap with the red beard!

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2020, 11:34:53 AM »
Great headswap ideas! Incidentally I know an Indian man with a beard as red (if not redder) than that.  Sort of a fiery aubern red. With the contrast of his dark skin it looks like he has dyed it but it's completely natural.
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt