Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:45:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690781
  • Total Topics: 118349
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Got distracted again;New side project: Anno Domini 1666 (first two games)  (Read 7698 times)

Offline Erik

• Scientist
Superb painting my friend. I can't wait to get hold of the game my self. I didn't join the Kickstarter so I have to wait for the game I store. Should be two more weeks according to Wargamer.

I see you have a Spanish faction. How many different factions are there?

Cheers
Erik

Offline Olofeus

• Librarian
I'm counting 8 + the Cardinal's men from the Kickstarter.
The Musketeers, The Polish Crown, The Order of the Broken Cross, Veterans of the Tercios (Spaniards), Envoys of the High Porte (Ottomans), Bohun's rebels, The Witchhunters and The Viennese mafia (They come in the same supplement)

I got the all in pledge.  :D

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
  • Sometimes I feel like Schroedinger's Cat
Now I want to go learn Spanish.

Offline abu iskander

• Mad Scientist
Top notch. Excited to get my parcel from the KS.

Offline Olofeus

• Librarian
We played a two game mini campaign with my son. I was playing the Spanish and my son the Ottoman faction.
First both factions were trying to recover a ring from a cave by searching corpse piles. The bad thing was that the cave was a home to a terrible monster, so both teams had to act quick and silently.

El Capitan got lucky and found the ring from the second corpse pile. Then it was a race to get of board before the Ottomans would close in. The first game ended with a marginal Spanish victory. El Capitan managed to escape, but had to leave the rest of the team behind to the mercy of the monster and the Ottomans. Which ever is worse.

The second game was an ambush. The Spanish were trying to send the ring to their masters by a carrier pigeon. The Ottomans had planned an ambush to get the ring.

Again it was a close call. The Spanish managed to send the ring, but were almost slaughtered to a man. Only Sancho Pancha was clever enough to survive. His attempts to beg for mercy succeeded stunningly well. Then the cunning little man surprised and clubbed down while laying prone the only opponent that saw trough his pleads of mercy and escaped to the alleys just before the city guards came to arrest the rest of the Ottomans.

Both games were fun. They could have gone either way. The conclusions came on the last rounds. There was a little of rulebook reading during the game, but much less in the second game. There were lot's of cool duels and surprises on both sides. Can't wait to play more.

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
Thanks! Good to hear it plays well.  Hopefully my set will soon arrive.

For those of you who have received your KS, did you receive a shipping notice in advance or did it just arrive unannounced, a lovely surprise, in the post?

-Michael

Offline Gallahad

• Scientist
How complex did you find the rules? I often have so little time to game that crunchier games become a chore since I've forgotten so much since I last played.
I prefer elegant simple games that reward clever play without penalizing those who haven't memorized the rulebook too heavily.

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Gorgeous minis and your and high quality paint job!
I'll be following this thread! Cheers!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline Olofeus

• Librarian
How complex did you find the rules? I often have so little time to game that crunchier games become a chore since I've forgotten so much since I last played.
I prefer elegant simple games that reward clever play without penalizing those who haven't memorized the rulebook too heavily.

There are quite a lot of little rules for abilities on the models, but none of them, in my opinion, is game breaking. In the first game we forgot a few of those, but in second game, albeit changing force compositions (so there were different little rules), things went more smoothly. I think that the core mechanics are quite nice, simple and still innovative. And all the small rules for the faction are printed on the backside of the faction sheet. So one can refer to them quite easily. A table contents would have been a nice addition to the rulebook and the player aid sheet could have been better.

Offline Joe Fish

• Librarian
Wonderful shots of the table. The games look like fun, varied scenarios. I  just got notice my shipment comes in next tuesday. (3/17)

Looking forward to 'all in' fun.

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Excellent write up of your games.
Am waiting for my game to arrive.
Your figures look great.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Metternich

• Scatterbrained Genius
Excellent write up and wonderfully painted figures.  Hoping to receive my All-In Kickstarter package in April.