Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:49:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690721
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 942
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Old Glory smaller orders  (Read 974 times)

Offline Eoin OCnaimhsi

• Librarian
Old Glory smaller orders
« on: February 20, 2020, 12:14:06 AM »
Greetings all,

Had a look at the Old Glory site and spotted a handful of figures I think might work for my current project. The issue is that there seems to be no option to purchase less than 30 figures, and this is the case for every type of figure. 30 is just far too many, and at 38.00 U.S dollars, just too expensive.

Has anyone had any experience ordering from them? Perhaps they can be contacted for custom orders? Also their U.K site does not seem to stock the full range as the U.S one.

Thanks,

Eoin

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Re: Old Glory smaller orders
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 09:39:26 AM »
Greetings all,

Had a look at the Old Glory site and spotted a handful of figures I think might work for my current project. The issue is that there seems to be no option to purchase less than 30 figures, and this is the case for every type of figure. 30 is just far too many, and at 38.00 U.S dollars, just too expensive.

Has anyone had any experience ordering from them? Perhaps they can be contacted for custom orders? Also their U.K site does not seem to stock the full range as the U.S one.

Thanks,

Eoin

I've ordered from the Andy at the UK site before, in the deep dark days when Old Glory were the only real company that produced an extensive and varies Hundred Years War range. (Others did them but there was very little variation and some very 'interesting' armours!).

If you do put in an order, and you're not certain of anything you can phone Andy- he's a really helpful chap and it one of the bastions of the hobby although he sometimes doesn't get the recognition that he deserves in this regard.

Hope that helps? :)

Offline Eoin OCnaimhsi

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 09:47:09 AM »
Thanks Atheling, helpful as always.

I may just do that. The Gallowglass, Welsh spearmen and Scottish spearmen look great.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 12:51:35 PM »
Thanks Atheling, helpful as always.

I may just do that. The Gallowglass, Welsh spearmen and Scottish spearmen look great.

They can be a little bit hit and miss so it might be an idea to send a tenner for samples of the packs you're interested in mate.

Andy was very obliging to me many years ago- I don't think I was even hooked up to the net at the time!  :o

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 07:49:20 AM »
Bite the bullet and go big! I find with Old Glory once you have the figures you will find a use for them...
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 07:55:40 AM »
Buy the packs and sell the ones you don't want on? You'll make a slight loss but it may still work out cheaper than buying figures from other companies?
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0