Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:10:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Vote for Victrix’s next plastic set...  (Read 3230 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Vote for Victrix’s next plastic set...
« on: February 23, 2020, 10:16:21 PM »
Given how good the last few Victrix releases have been, not to mention the upcoming Normans, which look superb, there’s a rather mouthwatering selection on offer. You can vote for one (you have to sign up for their forum to vote).
I’d guess that all these are on the Victrix ‘to do’ list anyway TBH, so it’s probably just a question of pulling one through to the top of the list...
Still, a bit of democracy in action :)
We shall see.

I voted for Picts, mainly because I’d expect a plastic kit of Dark Age Picts to offer amazing kitbashing opportunities lol

But I expect the Romano-Brits or one of the Napoleonic options will top the poll...

https://www.victrixlimited.com/pages/forum?p=post%2Fwhat-would-you-like-us-to-release-next-vote-now-10438051%3Fpid%3D1310833639&fbclid=IwAR0CyCmTNjD0Iax5ipt4fsPZvQOEoFX4AY4ijM-VtokjtolTiMF4b8YsYeQ

Offline Ogrob

• Mastermind
Re: Vote for Victrix’s next plastic set...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 10:39:29 PM »
Cool that they do this. Personally I'd love to see any of the dark age/medieval kits, but I would really like to see some nice dark age cavalry.

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 07:44:19 PM »
I too voted for Picts, but while on their site I took a look at what was there.
They do shield transfers for undead Hoplites, but (unless I am missing something)
don't do undead Hoplites. Now if that was one of the options I would have voted for it.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 11:54:35 AM »
It is a shame that they decided against including the Trojan Wars/Bronze Age amongst the options.

They featured quite prominently in the initial discussion about potential subjects  :(

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 04:07:02 PM »
If I ever get my confirmation email I will vote Picts as well...

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 07:26:42 AM »
It's great that Victrix are doing this..... makes good business sense too (one hopes!)

Looks like I'll have to wait a good while longer for those Early HYW Men at Arms  :-[

Ah well, there's always Claymore's beautiful growing range  :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 10:51:10 AM by Atheling »

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Ghazkull‘s Favorite Brainboy
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2020, 10:11:12 AM »
The Picts have another vote.That would be a set which is not only ideal for Kitbashs, but also very much wanted since the days of WHAB Shieldwall.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2020, 10:11:58 AM »
It is a shame that they decided against including the Trojan Wars/Bronze Age amongst the options.

They featured quite prominently in the initial discussion about potential subjects  :(

Oh I didn’t know that. That would have been even better than Picts. We need more Bronze Age sets.

Offline robh

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spanish offworld colonies
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2020, 12:11:30 AM »
We need more Bronze Age sets.

Absolutely, they seem to be often requested but still lacking.
Wargames Atlantic also have Trojan War figures amongst their "what next?" plans, they are asking for votes on a selection of sets also:
https://wargamesatlantic.com/blogs/news/we-want-you-to-vote-for-plastic-sets

Offline Codsticker

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim project
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2020, 04:02:16 AM »
The Picts have another vote.That would be a set which is not only ideal for Kitbashs, but also very much wanted since the days of WHAB Shieldwall.
They might be fun to mix with their Dark Ages Irish set as well as (possibly) other plastic Celt sets.

Offline DivisMal

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2020, 07:35:41 AM »
Absolutely, they seem to be often requested but still lacking.
Wargames Atlantic also have Trojan War figures amongst their "what next?" plans, they are asking for votes on a selection of sets also:
https://wargamesatlantic.com/blogs/news/we-want-you-to-vote-for-plastic-sets

Thanks. Placed my vote.

I guess it has to do something with risk minimizing. If I remember how excited I became when Warlord and Gripping Beast released their first plastic sets (>10 years ago?!), it’s strange that we still get more Napoleonics, Romans and Dark Ages but only occasionally something from another period.

Let’s hope for the Picts. They would open more options than the already well represented Romanobritish.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2020, 09:39:25 AM »
Looking at the results I was very surprised to see that there were not more votes for Plastic HYW Archers. The Perry versions are, by deliberate design, only really usable for about 20-30 years (at a stretch) of the 116 year time frame that the series of conflicts took place, leaving a 86-96 year gap in the plastic longbowmen market! Quite a span of time.

I voted for Early plastic Dismounted Men at Arms though I think the real winner here would be Mounted Men at Arms for say the Crecy to Poitiers period. It would also fit with Alfred "Machine gun of the Middle Ages" Burne's The Crecy War book  lol

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2020, 10:23:07 PM »
Well I had given up on Victrix Naps per se due to a lot of problems with them. I still use them for conversion purposes but they do take a bit of work to make nice. That said, like the good Captain said, those Normans look really good, and I am not really a big medieval fan (sorry Richard...I know I commit heresy!  ;D ). The Victrix Nap French IG Lancers look interesting, and if they workout to be size compatible with my others, well, I might give them a go. I think I will have to given into temptation on those Normans...and the Persians look good too (perhaps I can use them with all my Immortal Minis Greeks!).

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2020, 10:39:23 PM »
Looking at the results I was very surprised to see that there were not more votes for Plastic HYW Archers. The Perry versions are, by deliberate design, only really usable for about 20-30 years (at a stretch) of the 116 year time frame that the series of conflicts took place, leaving a 86-96 year gap in the plastic longbowmen market! Quite a span of time.

I wonder if some of the reluctance for people to vote for that stems from the decidedly ordinary poses that plastic archer sets so often produce. The limitations of the multi-part plastics invariably result in 'action figure' poses with the bow held at a weird angle. The Perry's have a knack for making even their plastics look like they're actually using their kit naturally.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2020, 08:22:01 AM »
I wonder if some of the reluctance for people to vote for that stems from the decidedly ordinary poses that plastic archer sets so often produce. The limitations of the multi-part plastics invariably result in 'action figure' poses with the bow held at a weird angle. The Perry's have a knack for making even their plastics look like they're actually using their kit naturally.

Possibly, but then again you're not going to get people to invest in a HYW English army without quality Longbowmen.

It's a tricky one that's for sure.