Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:37:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689635
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Replacement Tubs of Acrylic Craft Paint for Terrain painting?  (Read 998 times)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Replacement Tubs of Acrylic Craft Paint for Terrain painting?
« on: February 24, 2020, 07:23:14 PM »
So, I've painted quite a few terrain pieces for a big game and I suddenly realise I've run out of most tubs and too add insult to injury one can no longer buy the Insribe and Anita's brands that I have had for many years!

I wanted to ask if you guys could let me know what brands are people in the UK using for their terrain painting? Also here are they available from?

With Partizan looming and a lot of terrain to paint up, any help would be very much appreciated.

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
Re: Replacement Tubs of Acrylic Craft Paint for Terrain painting?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 09:03:13 PM »
I use Matchpots. Available from B&Q, Sainsburys, Wilco et al,
though I am still mourning the loss of Wilco's Bitter Chocolate.
it was great for so much.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 09:08:25 PM »
though I am still mourning the loss of Wilco's Bitter Chocolate.

Does anyone do a bitter chocolate colour these days? Originally by Sandtex. Do they still do it I wonder?

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 10:02:47 PM »
Home Bargains  do a burnt umber that is handy as a dark base coat. Unfortunately most of the other colours are rather bright primary colours.

Tend to pick up other acrylics from The Range or Hobby craft, and as mentioned above match pots can be handy too, but I tend to go with acrylics over emulsion.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 10:08:47 PM »
If you are looking at craft paints, Boyes have them near the knitting wool (may not be in all stores) and cheaper than Hobbycraft. They used to stock Anita's but I think it's a different brand now. They seem to have way more pastel coloured stuff than dark ones.
They may have those small plastic boxes (A4, A5, A6 etc) that Westons make. (Scarborough branch has been out of stock on most of the boxes for about a month, but found at the weekend that Bridlington have stacks of the things.)
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2020, 10:17:26 PM »
If you are looking at craft paints, Boyes have them near the knitting wool (may not be in all stores) and cheaper than Hobbycraft. They used to stock Anita's but I think it's a different brand now. They seem to have way more pastel coloured stuff than dark ones.
They may have those small plastic boxes (A4, A5, A6 etc) that Westons make. (Scarborough branch has been out of stock on most of the boxes for about a month, but found at the weekend that Bridlington have stacks of the things.)

Thanks fastolfrus. I'll have a gander  8)