Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:49:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 'Tale from the Tin Shed' Laffers choice (Steam Launch basic hull finished 3/03)  (Read 9018 times)

Offline Rich H

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
If you wanted I can send you my MGB302 that I never finished. 
Plasticard (and filler) mostly - I'll never finish it... 
About 2ft long and 6" wide from memory

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
 lol I should have known better than to ask a bunch of butterflies a divided camp always .
I'll start with the steam launch. As its quite a quick build.
Then I'll build one of the other's.(I simply don't have the space for all of them.)you might all agree on one.You never know .
Rich , that's a very kind offer I simply couldn't store another model that big.( besides your already sending something for me to tweak. ;)).
Has been / Matt. I'm glad you like my doodles it's not something I give much thought too. As they're just how I note idea's down. They're nothing more than visual prompts in a couple of note books dumped in my bag when I'm meetings (or more often than not jotted down during coffee breaks.)
No one really sees that much of them,other than myself of course.
I suppose I could post a couple more if your interested? (but they are just quick sketches with a biro)
Mark.

Offline Ewan

• Scientist
I suppose I could post a couple more if your interested? (but they are just quick sketches with a biro)
Mark.
I would certainly be interested in your sketches  :)

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
+1 to the 'interested' in your drawings.

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
Another +1 for the drawings
And if it helps the Marsh fort looks cool

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Since no one's ever asked to see any(In true Rich.H fashion) ,I may have gotten slightly carried away if you include the sketches posted on this thread I've take photos of 71 sketches I won't get shouted at for posting.Thats not including pictures of any thing I made based on the sketches.
So how many would you like to see, Before it feels like 'the ego has landed'? I'm not even sure where such a thread would belong on here?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 07:58:23 PM by tin shed gamer »

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
I want to see all of them, though you could tease us & put a few on each day,
& may I suggest you place them on the workshop section. I think that would
be the best place, though others may disagree.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
 Pictures 2,3 and 6 are very good.

Offline Rich H

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Get them posted  ;)

Offline Dags

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
I've managed to paint myself into a corner(everything I'm sculpting has something drying on it.)
So I'm going to take a break and see how much of the Steam launch can be done in 45 minutes.
It'll be roughly 42cm long Simply because that's how long an A3 piece of grey board is  :D and roughly 12cm wide. Which will give me room to move figures around(25mm bases).
It'll have  modular superstructures. Because it's more useful to me that way as I can combine the superstructures of the mini steamer with launch .
As the picture shows I can already use the steamer to come up with a pseudo launch but its a lame.
And the steamer is a little too small to represent a tramp steamer. So it makes sense to be able to combine the two of them.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Here's a rough idea of the overall size .Buy shifting the deck backwards over the base. I'll get a similar bow profile to the sketch and it adds around another 2cm to its length .
This is about one and half hours in.As I've done a little more this evening.(I thought a picture might be useful before I get carried away .)

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
Looking forward to this one, your builds are always fascinating. Insane, and needing way more storage than I have, but fascinating.
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
Very good so far :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline Rich H

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Blimey you work fast!