Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:21:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689822
  • Total Topics: 118300
  • Online Today: 798
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Saving Private 李秀英Li Xiu Ying (Empress PLA game)  (Read 6807 times)

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Saving Private 李秀英Li Xiu Ying (Empress PLA game)
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2020, 06:30:55 PM »
OK what are drop bears? Also your site doesn't show anything for Danger Close rules. They are there but no ability to order. Are they being updated, printed, or?

Thank you for the answers.

The rules are on the Empress Miniatures site. Both digi download and hard copy. ;)

Offline madman

• Scientist
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2020, 09:25:54 PM »
Doh! For some reason I thought the download buttons were adds for minis. Bought the download and hope as stated the shipping will be refunded (five and a half times the cost of the rules themselves). Also I assume I will get an email with either the rules as an attachment or a link to follow. Since it is the weekend this may take a few days.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2020, 07:01:42 AM »
These are some videos that take a light hearted view of a hypothetical China Australia war useing publicly available data. First video looks into the Navy aspect second is about the ground part.

"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Online Sparrow

• Mastermind
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2020, 07:39:53 AM »
Very interesting! (A big thank you for sharing!). I’m no expert on modern warfare (ie others on here will have a far more informed view than I!) but the problem I see in analysing all of this is the vast amount of “known unknowns” and even “unknown unknowns”? China’s relationship with the Philippines and Indonesia are clearly major factors. The videos also ignores the damage China could inflict on the Australian economy in any build up? China is now a dominant economic power in the region.

Logic at the moment suggests China has other priorities (Chinese influence in parts of Africa and South America is considerable) and the new Silk Road is clearly a key theme in its medium term economic strategy. An isolated Australia is possibly  more likely than an occupied Australia?

Whatever - it makes an interesting and different backdrop for some gaming!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 07:41:45 AM by Sparrow »
Put your trust in God and keep your powder dry!

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2020, 08:02:13 AM »
Oh yeah totally agree, the benkov videos are all hypothetical one on one fights. With no Allies, nukes, and relatively similar morale. Fought over a year, useing
On paper know numbers and kit.
So in effect, its a wargame.  lol

Online Sparrow

• Mastermind
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2020, 08:19:49 AM »
True!  lol

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2020, 08:28:54 AM »
I used some of these little films to work out the logic of the scenario although it was also a heavy dose of fantasy  lol

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2020, 09:19:25 AM »
Nothing wrong with a little bit of fantasy. The VBCW fad is all fantasy. But still fun.

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2020, 11:45:52 AM »
Very cool seeing something like this in 28mm!!  :-* Don't know if I could aspire to having that many vehicles but maybe one day  lol

I was thinking of scenarios for my Aussies outside of Afghan. Like others said you need a heavy dose of fantasy for a PLA invasion of Australia (is just too big!) but I could imagine a punitive expedition. That said there is a lot of talk of the PLA looking to build bases in the South Pacific as a part of extending the reach of their area denial capabilities and the Aussies trying to outbid them.

Imagine a conflict where the Aussies land on a tropical island to battle the mysterious appearance of a Armed Militia/mercenary group with the fight escalating to include a PLANMC detachment.

The other would be the Aussies acting as a sort of Peace Maker in South East Asia battling pirates & terrorists in the wake of a destabilizing great power war.   

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2020, 12:55:27 PM »
I like all of those options. Maybe a commando raid to knock out some area denial launcher's added to a artificial island they try to set up in international water to deny shipping. Say the Ashmore and Cartier Islands as a good reason to have a fight. China moves in, government dithers, untel the Chines move in the big guns and they have to respond. You know to make it a proper conventional fight.   ;D
Or to defend Christmas, and Cocos  island from a invasion or occupation. 
Maybe they decided to support a reginal independence movement in Indonesia and Austral moves in to help support the government forces.  :o

Offline Brummie

• Mastermind
  • Incoming!
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2020, 07:44:32 PM »
I like all of those options. Maybe a commando raid to knock out some area denial launcher's added to a artificial island they try to set up in international water to deny shipping. Say the Ashmore and Cartier Islands as a good reason to have a fight. China moves in, government dithers, untel the Chines move in the big guns and they have to respond. You know to make it a proper conventional fight.   ;D
Or to defend Christmas, and Cocos  island from a invasion or occupation. 
Maybe they decided to support a reginal independence movement in Indonesia and Austral moves in to help support the government forces.  :o

Could have it where they have to raid a Container Ship being used as a sneaky drone carrier. Could have a bizarre role reversal where the Aussies are helping Vietnam against Chinese invasion. Be interesting to know what modern Vietnamese irregulars look like, whether they've changed a great deal since the Vietnam war.

Maybe combine all of these ideas into a campaign, be like an Australian Bad Company.

Offline madman

• Scientist
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2020, 09:19:22 PM »
Maybe combine all of these ideas into a campaign, be like an Australian Bad Company.

OK gotta ask please explain or better still a link to what you mean. Thank you.

Offline carlos marighela

• Elder God
  • Flamenguista até morrer.
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2020, 10:53:43 PM »
Another vote for someone to make modern Vietnamese with Galils and or Tavors (marines) to fight in the South China Sea.
Em dezembro de '81
Botou os ingleses na roda
3 a 0 no Liverpool
Ficou marcado na história
E no Rio não tem outro igual
Só o Flamengo é campeão mundial
E agora seu povo
Pede o mundo de novo

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2020, 04:29:50 AM »
Another vote for someone to make modern Vietnamese with Galils and or Tavors (marines) to fight in the South China Sea.
I am down with this!  :D

Ok this is the wiki link to what the PAVN is using. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_Vietnam_People%27s_Ground_Forces
Military branches of Vietnam,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Army_of_Vietnam
Equipment used by the navy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_Vietnam_People%27s_Navy

And some video links of modern training and propaganda of the Vietnamese Navel infantry.

The Pith helmets are still in use, but mostly for rear area and training purposes.
With imported and local produced Kevlar helmets for combat.
Notice how they are phasing out the older AK variants for ACE 31/32 (IMI Galil ACE) and Tavor. Many of which are local manufacture. But lots of the heavy weapons', and equipment are still older vantage Soviet, Russian, Chinese..etc
They also seem to like the idea of body army in CQB at least.  lol

Don't know how accurate lots of these lists are, but this is at least something about them.
https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/vietnam/naval-infantry.htm
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 04:40:14 AM by commissarmoody »

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2020, 08:29:30 AM »
Interesting selection of camo schemes.