Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:33:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686501
  • Total Topics: 118104
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: "A Gunslinger's Paradise" A New Wild West Rule Set from Gods Eye Games  (Read 4609 times)

Offline Joe at The A/C

• Assistant
Our newest rule set that's aiming for an early summer release.

https://godseyegames.com/2020/03/02/introducing-a-gunslingers-paradise/

Offline frank xerox

• Scientist
I'm sure I'll buy it anyway - but I presume sons of mars & steed and steel are big on character progression/ campaigns; same with Gunslingers?
The visuals look awesome by the way!

Offline Joe at The A/C

• Assistant
Each faction list in the game will have a list of character classes you can custom build with skills and weapons.  I'm working on a campaign system for the book as we speak that will be focused around controlling the fictional town of Dusty Creek, Colorado.  I talk about it a bit more on the Hobby Knockout Podcast in detail.  Lots of stuff got covered on there and I'll be releasing a lot more info over the next few weeks.

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-8fuyf-d533d2?utm_campaign=au_share_ep&utm_medium=dlink&utm_source=au_share

And I'm glad you like the visuals, that was my biggest worry when I dropped the news about the release lol

Offline frank xerox

• Scientist
Great news on the campaign, that's the clincher for lazy unimaginative gamers like me  :D
Yeah, great call on the graphics - pure spaghetti western, you can almost hear the theme music.

Offline Joe at The A/C

• Assistant
Lol, I'm a sucker for a good campaign so I try to slip it in to all the rule books :)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
And if I have 200 active figures in the game, can the rules handle that?  And, yes, serious question.  Think the largest action - and possible actions - in the various range wars, not the skirmish so beloved of western miniatures games.  That is where you need to go to get my attention.  Also, Little Big Horn, though for me I'm focusing on the Rosebud battle, better mix of troops and a great what if - and the army gets a lot more native support.  You did state Little Big Horn as an option, did you not? 

Offline Joe at The A/C

• Assistant
The rules could handle it if you ditched the initiative system that is in place and went with a purely "I go you go" initiative but at its core it is a skirmish system.  Your lists would be HUGE if you went to 200 models because you build out characters individually.  So I guess what I'm saying is that it could be done on a bigger scale if you're willing to put the time in but you better have a weekend to do it.  When I was referencing Custer's last stand I was talking more about the fight on Last Stand Hill.

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Appreciate the reply.  Thanks.

Offline Joe at The A/C

• Assistant
No problem.  I'll try to get one of our play test groups to do a bigger game (75 to 100 models) at some point and see how it goes.  I'll try to remember to post the results here.

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
Sounds very promising!

The fellow who has just been hit on your cover (silhouette on yellow background) reminds me of this old Marx 6" figure (the one on the right):

I loved that range when I was a kid, so that's a good vibe for the game already!

If one of the factions = Mexicans, I hope they are "Mexicans" or "vaqueros" or something other than "bandits" for once.

-Michael

Offline Joe at The A/C

• Assistant
Re: "A Gunslinger's Paradise" A New Wild West Rule Set from Gods Eye Games
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2020, 05:17:12 PM »
Those figures are awesome, what scale?

There will be a Bandits list in the book as well as Mexican Federales / Rurales so you can play your games in Old Mexico.  I'll probably be putting out a "Banditos" list as a free pdf in the months just after the book releases too.  I'm putting up a post on Monday that will show all of the factions in the book as well as some of the ones planned to come out in the future.  I'll post it on here next week for sure.

Offline mweaver

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2020, 11:43:53 PM »
They were six inches tall, as I recall.  Manufactured by Marx (no relation to Karl), which was a huge toy manufacturer in the U.S. in the 1950s and 1960s.  They had a fairly wide range of their six inch figures, and always six poses in each set.  For those cowboys, the poses not in the picture were a gunslinger crouching about to draw, a sheriff with a rifle, and an unarmed fellow with a rope.  I had them and the six Indians.  As I recall the six dismounted cavalry types were my younger brother's.

I look forward to learning more about the game.

-Michael

Offline Joe at The A/C

• Assistant
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2020, 01:51:48 PM »
For those of you wondering, here is the list of all of the factions that will be in the rulebook as well as a few that are coming up down the road after release.

https://godseyegames.com/2020/03/09/a-gunslingers-paradise-the-factions/

Offline frank xerox

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2020, 03:07:48 PM »
Oh Yes! You got me at Texas Rangers and Comanches but some unusual and cinematic choices there - Im starting to get excited about this.

Offline Joe at The A/C

• Assistant
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2020, 03:56:51 PM »
Some of the Factions won't have a big following, like the Federales and Ranchers but I still wanted to give players the option to set their games in "Old Mexico" or maybe have some border disputes with the cattle baron next door.  The goal was to open up gaming in the Wild West to more than just gunfights in the middle of town and push players to try out some other theaters and themes that are usually set on the back burner.