Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:40:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Swiss pike finished  (Read 2785 times)

Offline MGH

• Scientist
Re: Swiss pike finished
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2020, 06:06:40 PM »
They are superb!

And you only started them Christmas past year?????

You are a painting machine!  I salute you.

Offline Chriscornwell

• Assistant
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2020, 11:24:13 PM »
The Swiss are now finally complete.
Explanations and candy on the blog

https://itinerantwargamer.blogspot.com/2020/10/swiss-army-complete.html

Offline marianas_gamer

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Our Man on Guam Watchman in the East
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2020, 11:46:19 PM »
Love them en masse!  :-* :-* Your take on my ancestors makes them look as tough as I have read.
Got to kick at the darkness till it bleeds daylight.

Offline HappyChappy439

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2020, 12:09:44 AM »
 :o They look amazing fully arrayed like that! Excellent work!

Offline Frostie

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2020, 08:26:47 AM »
Very nice!  I have a pile of Blue Moon 15mm metal awaiting the paint brush....great inspiration

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2020, 09:34:36 AM »
It's certainly a magnificent collection Chris.  :-* How many Swordpoint points do they add up to?  :o

Offline Chriscornwell

• Assistant
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2020, 10:10:54 AM »
Thank you, very kind...as for SP?
 A fair bit I suppose, somewhere between 2500 and 3,000 points I guess depending on what options you take, plus I haven’t included any artillery in there. Yes, pushing 3,000.
To be honest I’ve pretty much given up on the rules, they are too flawed. I play the odd game with one friend who likes them but they are too gimmick ridden for my liking, and the massed pike RAW simply doesn’t work. Which is a bit critical for late medieval/renaissance.
V2. appears to have made missile fire slightly more effective which is quite extraordinary, when it was already the game winner.
 Having more fun with To The Strongest which has some good Renaissance modifications on their forums.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2020, 12:13:06 PM »
Thank you, very kind...as for SP?
 A fair bit I suppose, somewhere between 2500 and 3,000 points I guess depending on what options you take, plus I haven’t included any artillery in there. Yes, pushing 3,000.

:o Zoiks!

To be honest I’ve pretty much given up on the rules, they are too flawed. I play the odd game with one friend who likes them but they are too gimmick ridden for my liking, and the massed pike RAW simply doesn’t work. Which is a bit critical for late medieval/renaissance.
V2. appears to have made missile fire slightly more effective which is quite extraordinary, when it was already the game winner.
 Having more fun with To The Strongest which has some good Renaissance modifications on their forums.

I haven't played a bloomin game of SP yet due to the current situation. I had a feeling that they might not work so well for Late Med./Early Ren. as the rules try to cover such a huge time span. From a few good readings, I think they will be good for Late Antiquity/'Dark Ages' as the line of battle idea really appeals in that sense. 

I've played To the Strongest for Medieval a few times but it was actually prior to Simon writing the Medieval lists! again, due to Covid and my self imposed five year wargaming hiatus I'm a bit behind the times. When all this craziness is behind us I'l try to get down to one of Simon's events and the Swordpoint events too. A day or two of gaming ought to be enough to get a very good grasp on how the rules feel :)

Keep on posting your Late Med stuff up- it's a treat mate  8)

Online Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2020, 01:28:59 PM »
Now that’s a pike block. Absolutely fabulous. Well done Chris  :-*