Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:14:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Necromunda/futuristic all purpose modular terrain.  (Read 1405 times)

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
Necromunda/futuristic all purpose modular terrain.
« on: March 13, 2020, 06:34:48 PM »
Seriously never been working on a project this long. I started in september and hardly worked on anything else.
Been cutting like a maniac, but the idea was to have a base set of modular terrain that's usable for games in any futuristic, post apocalyptic or even modern game, that I can add elements to to add flavor, but still looks goon on it's own.

Now, I'd love to claim credit for the idea, but I got it from Wyloch's youtube channel and then just added what I wanted to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N99J7c5ifc&list=PLEww2pnXQgi1KtBEQoFN16vt2iAH4zWVE&index=2&t=878s

Still, it's been quite a feat finishing this. And I'm very happy it's done. Looking forward to playing kill-team or old school necromunda on it. Or maybe some star wars game in the future.
I will still be adding to this..... at some point. For now I'm just happy it's done.

The last picture is of everything disassembled. I have in-numerous options of putting this together and far to many walkways.
'Mercy? I am far to brave to grant you mercy.'

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
Re: Necromunda/futuristic all purpose modular terrain.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 06:15:09 PM »
Brilliant, mate!  8)

I know what a slog and even chore it was, but you should be proud you were able to push through, and the results speak for themselves.

It's looking ace, and having seen the stuff in the flesh cardstock, I can attest to its great playability and modularity.

Now for our first game on this terrain!  :D
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 07:45:35 PM »
Fantastic!  I have been considering going into my attic - I know I have two boxes of Necromunda up there some where.
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 08:50:20 AM »
That looks good.

Offline The Voivod

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 05:38:30 PM »
Thanks. I've ordered some magnets and am making plans to crate the table itself. It will consist of 1 by 1 ft squares which will have some slight 3d elements. These I can allso easily store and combine with future sets with different themes.

I'll also be adding piping and some machinery to this set.