Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:32:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Practical and Simple Wargame Terrain - MW issue 444  (Read 482 times)

Offline dampfpanzerwagon

• Scatterbrained Genius
Practical and Simple Wargame Terrain - MW issue 444
« on: March 14, 2020, 08:46:24 AM »
Issue 444 of Miniature Wargames has my third instalment of articles showing how I build simple and practical wargame terrain (buildings) from everyday or scrap materials using techniques that are well within the scope of any modeller.

The Log Cabin features a corrugated cardboard core clad with both egg box card and lollipop sticks to model a simple wooden structure that would be at home in a wide variety of different scenarios.

As stated this is the third instalment and I have included images of the two earlier buildings. Which were all built to the same set of self imposed rules;

1 - The model should be constructed from simply sourced or everyday materials.

2 - The model should be generic and able to be used in a wide variety of different games or genres.

3 - The model should be robust enough for wargame club use.

4 - The model should be finished to a good standard and resemble the building it represents.

5 - Finally, it should fit into a 6 inch x 6 inch x 6 inch box - for easy storage.

The Storehouse.....

The Thatched Hovel.....

I have at least one more model in the pipeline, but would welcome suggestions for future (and similar) tutorials.

Tony
https://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/2020/03/practical-and-simple-wargame-terrain.html