Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:34:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: My Paraguyan Project  (Read 9010 times)

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
Re: My Paraguyan Project
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2020, 04:21:12 PM »
I have no idea.  Someone told me they had cavalry on the Facebook page.  With them, typically, most things for a new range come out pretty quickly, at least enough to get you playing the game. Cavalry was pretty important to the Paraguyans and so I'd imagine we will see some sooner than later.

The war was a pretty depressing affair.  I doubt even the victors could take much joy in the end result given the devastation that was wrought on the vanquished.  Rarely in military history has the latter title been more appropriate.

On a lighter note, sort of, here are some more Brazilians along with a new piece of terrain. 

These are the last of the Brazilians that I will be able to do until the lockdown ends as Perry Miniatures are not sending out orders until they can again.

I'll get a picture of the whole lot of them later today probably, if it stays nice out.

As far as the gunboats go, when I was at Cold Wars I had a half-hearted look about to see if there was anything that could be useful and have looked at a couple of manufacturers.  I will probably eventually do the naval part of the conflict but will try to get the land part done first. 

Depending on what figures Perry makes I might do the naval stuff in 28mm and scratch build some boats to do the cutting out actions.  I actually wrote a set of rules I like for that for Napoleonics and it wouldn't take much modification for this. 

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2020, 04:28:17 PM »
Well here is the whole crew so far:

This is showing units of 15 Paraguyans and 9 Brazilians.  That is only because I don't have more figures.  Eventually they will be units of 12 for both sides.

It looks like Perry Miniatures are closed for lockdown so unless I start converting some of the ACW figs I have I guess this is all I'm going to get painted until it is over.  I started this project when I got back from Cold Wars and was hoping to get a game together for Historicon but it looks like that might not happen depending on how quickly we end this thing. 

I guess I should have ordered more when I had a chance. 

Offline marco55

• Mastermind
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2020, 04:32:37 PM »
Great start.
Mark

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2020, 11:20:26 AM »
Agree, a solid foundation.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2020, 10:31:08 PM »
Thanks.  Looks like Perry Miniatures is back up and running.  I just ordered three more packs of Paraguyans and two more packs of Brazilians.  Hopefully that will give me four units for each side by the end of the Month. 

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2020, 01:22:00 PM »
I just got my first unit of cavalry finished.  I have some more infantry painted too but they aren't based yet. 

I started with a set of the militia. 

They are great figures, as you would expect.  The horses have a nice and varied amount of blankets on them with some having ropes used as reigns. 

The riders themselves are mostly barefoot or wearing sandals.  The commander has long boots on. 

The other neat thing is that some of the riders have bolas.  I'll have to include them in the rules somehow, perhaps have them be able to take one shot at other cavalry units when they are within 6" or something.  That way riding by cavalry could have some impact.

I'll start working on the next set today probably.  I'm on-call so we will see if work permits. 

Offline marco55

• Mastermind
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2020, 02:01:46 PM »
They look great. ;D
Mark

Offline juergen c. olk

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2020, 10:51:15 PM »
Wonderful job....

Offline warrenpeace

• Mastermind
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2020, 01:44:20 AM »
Awesome! I have a friend who spend 9 years in Paraguay. I'll have to tell him about this thread.
Sailors have more fun!

Offline Roo

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2020, 06:41:02 AM »
Great job!

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2020, 12:36:27 AM »
Lots of character to those sculpts.  A nice colorful uniform and a great overall force. 
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2020, 05:47:11 PM »
Thanks!  I appreciate the comments.  I was glad to get some cav finished as it seems like that is a step towards getting some forces on the table for a game.

I've finished up some more Brazilian infantry as well.  These round out the figs I had to make four full units of Brazilian infantry now.

Next up are some more Paraguyan infantry and I have four more horses painted for the cav.  I'm hoping I can get another unit of Paraguyan infantry finished today and then possibly get some of the cavalry started. 

Offline marco55

• Mastermind
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2020, 06:57:32 PM »
Great painting on a great range.
Mark

Offline Helen

• The Grey Heron
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2020, 11:30:57 PM »
Keep up the great work.
Best wishes,
Helen
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well (V van Gogh)

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2020, 05:43:47 AM »
Very nice work. One Hint: Use a white or black piece of paper as background for your pictures. So the quality of your painting will be better shown.
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/