Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:28:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Free Osprey ebooks  (Read 4559 times)

Offline ARKOUDAKI

• Mad Scientist
Re: Free Osprey ebooks
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2020, 07:25:17 PM »
Well it is a nice gesture to be sure but their website keeps crashing. I have tried to register an account for a while now and keep getting 'Server Errors'.... :'(

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2020, 09:04:54 PM »
Got the blackbeard book. Didnt even have to pay 1p. Checked the box that said, payment not required which was underneath the PayPal box

Offline Coenus Scaldingus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2020, 09:12:10 AM »
Well it is a nice gesture to be sure but their website keeps crashing. I have tried to register an account for a while now and keep getting 'Server Errors'.... :'(
Had the same yesterday evening, but it's working this morning, so worth giving it another shot!

Very nice of the Osprey people indeed, my thanks!
~Ad finem temporum~

Offline gnomehome

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2020, 09:39:06 AM »
They now also have made Frostgrave and an expansion available

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=123484.msg1553383#msg1553383

I had no trouble to download things - as has been said mark 'no payment necessary' (after applying the coupon code) and you get a mail with download links. They are also available in the Osprey account.
I like my games like my orange juice: pulpy with no added sugar or artificial sweeteners

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2020, 07:23:20 AM »

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2020, 09:12:35 AM »
I have them all as hard copies- hope they do more as the weeks wear on :)

Offline Astor

• Librarian
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2020, 09:18:12 AM »
There's a problem with their webstore at the moment - I tried to get a few of them yesterday, and every time I tried to process the transaction, it said my address was invalid for my part of the world, which was... odd.

I hope they can fix it before next Monday!

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2020, 01:34:19 PM »
There's a problem with their webstore at the moment - I tried to get a few of them yesterday, and every time I tried to process the transaction, it said my address was invalid for my part of the world, which was... odd.

I hope they can fix it before next Monday!

I got the same error!

Offline Astor

• Librarian
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2020, 02:13:58 PM »
I got the same error!

It seems to be working properly now - I was able to complete my transaction about an hour and a half ago. Hope it works for everyone else now.  :)

Offline Overlord

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Top Geezer
    • The Sweeney
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2020, 02:14:42 PM »
It wouldn't work for me this morning, but was fine around 1 hour ago. Maybe a large demand on the website/server?

Thanks to Osprey for doing it.   8)
2024 Lead Tally: Acq: 013 Ptd: 055  Total: +042
2023 Lead Tally: Acq: 560 Ptd: 056  Total: -504
2009-22 Tally:  Acq: 3293 Ptd: 905  Total: -2388

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2020, 03:08:18 PM »
Yes, I had the same problem this morning but I've just downloaded the eBooks now OK.   :)

Offline Schogun

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2020, 12:22:18 PM »
I got the "my address was invalid for my part of the world" error, too, last Monday. Since then I am unable to log in.

Offline WuZhuiQiu

• Mastermind
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2020, 12:08:47 PM »
I got the "my address was invalid for my part of the world" error, too, last Monday. Since then I am unable to log in.

Somehow, I was able to clear that error by returning to the Osprey website through a google search, instead of following a link from a forum. However, I then ran into checkout errors, and my current login process has been stretching over the past few minutes!

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2020, 09:06:46 AM »
The "area of the world" situation seems to be a common one (though not the only one); here's how someone on Dakkadakka solved that particular issue - maybe it will work for others too:
I was still getting the 500 error every time I tried to log in as I had since the day they posted it. I suspected the error in my case was related to having items added with RoW selected in the cart when logging in with the US store selected, so I did the following and it seemed to get me to where I was able to get the books with no problem. I'm posting the steps I took here in case it helps someone else:

1. Open Incogito/Private browser window
2. Go to www.ospreypublishing.com
3. Change store to "Rest of World"
4. Log in with your account
5. Go to the shopping cart and empty it
6. Close Incognito/Private window
7. Go to site in normal browser window.
8. Ensure correct store is selected
9. Try to log in; if it lets you in you will likely be able to add books and complete the checkout (at least I was).

If this does help resolve the issue let folks know; I'm not promising that I wasn't just snapping my fingers to keep away the elephants (i.e. - entirely coincidental), but it does seem to follow the logic of why the server would behave so badly for people who tried earlier but has no issues with new people and folks who are legitimately "Rest of World" customers.

Offline mcfonz

• Mastermind
    • Poison Spurs - blog and reviews
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2020, 09:40:35 AM »
Is anyone having issues with the code this week? I enter it and it's telling me it's invalid...
RP Tabletop Blog:

RP vlog channel: https://www.youtube.com/@RandomPlatypus