Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:23:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690791
  • Total Topics: 118350
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [COMMERCIAL] Mobster Miniatures: We Changed our Name - And a sale to go with it!  (Read 856 times)

Offline pops

• Scientist
    • Wargamers PX
Hello,

We wanted to share the latest news with you.  We have changed our name. We are now Mobster Miniatures  - https://www.mobsterminiatures.com and no longer Pulp Miniatures.  In announcing the change we would like to offer you, our customers and potential customers a nice sale to commemorate our change.  Many of  the prices have been reduced by 25%. So, be sure to check out the site and snap up some good deals.  The sale will be in effect until we all get thru this COVD-19 virus pandemic.  So, if you need some nice pewter figures to paint - we have them!

To our existing customers we thank you for your support and would love to hear from you.  Send us some photos of your painted figures and we will put them on the blog page for you.  If you have any suggestions we would like to hear them.

We are planning on expanding the range and have a new branch of the line in the works - a little Pulpish Sci Fi thrown in so to speak.

We looking forward to hearing from you and your future orders.

Thanks,

Frank
https://www.mobsterminiatures.com
admin@mobsterminiatures.com
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 05:04:43 AM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline pops

• Scientist
    • Wargamers PX
Re: Mobster Miniatures: Customer photo and review
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 10:54:14 PM »
One of our customers recently  posted this photo of the excellent painting they did on a few of our figure line:  pictured left to right  is:  Pep 'Da Pump', Owen 'Owney' Madden and Charles 'Lucky' Luciano.

They are three of the current line of 37 figures in our range.   

https://www.mobsterminiatures.com

Thank you Dave Lamers of Guelph Ontario!  Very nicely painted!

We also have a review/recommendation of  another recent customer, R.G. Rockefeller of Maryland:

"I offer this unsolicited review to assist wargamers in the same process I went through to select gangster models.  The detail, relatively few number of models needed, and the intimacy of the “period” meant choosing 28mm was easy, especially over 15mm.  Fortunately, Mobster Miniatures, formerly Pulp Miniatures (as opposed to Pulp Figures) met and exceeded all my requirements.  I am pleased to highly recommend these figures.  I have been ‘gaming since the 1970s, so I have some context for comparisons!

The figures are very well priced and without sacrificing quality of moulding or design.   At about $2.50 per figure when bought in the “deals” package (I bought “soldiers” “bosses” and the vignettes all at once), the WOKEO line is very competitive when other 28mm will run between three and five (or more) dollars each.

The models average 30mm measured from sole to pate.  This slightly tall “scale” is kept in proportion to the anatomy.  Judging from the height and weight listed in arrest records, the gangsters were not husky men (with a few notable exceptions).

Moreover, this line is well proportioned in comparison to other manufacturers whose men all appear to be line-backers.  The WOKEO models from Mobster Miniatures stances are all very natural and relaxed and very appropriate to the subject.  Some can be modified by careful bending, but that is unnecessary. 

The bases proved easy to cut away with a good pair of diagonal cutter for mounting on transparent stands. There was almost no flash on any of the models and only one or two mould lines.

The models are very impressive as representatives of this subject.  The fashion is all spot on in terms of clothes and even haircuts.  The clothes fit and lay naturally, but with enough contour and curve not to be dull. 

The models have textured hair, good for painting highlights.  There is excellent relief and definition on details such as belt loops and ties, although not so much for fingers.

The models all have smooth finishes, making them easy to paint. Such surfaces are especially good for shading, but challenging for wash painting techniques.

The line is diverse in its offering. There are plenty of working stiffs for the dock or warehouse workers and others involved in the “enterprises.” 

There are plenty of capo-, soldier- and associate-looking figures. The line included great portrait miniatures of some of the more famous leaders.  I am particularly impressed by the Lansky and Berman figures - standing calmly, wearing the right things, and lookingvery much like the historical prototype.  Lansky manages to even look menacing.

From the images on line, I feared there was cartoon-like exaggeration, especially for Lucky Luciano. Before the models arrived, I was tempted to paint them in a Dick Tracy fashion.

“Natural” is a more accurate description for these models, and thus historical painting was appropriate - although pulp and comic book styles are
certainly possible.

The vignettes are great for display, but I acquired them as “straight johns.”  The cement shoes figure became a visual pun as a “monument statue” in the park in my gangster city.

I could complain that there too few revolvers and hand to hand weapons, but the line may expand.  I eagerly await the planned police figures. I must also warn that these slight figures, a bit on the tall side, may not mix with some other lines. 

The manufacturer provided helpful comparative photos.  I am in hopes that cops and straight johns are in the near future so I can stay with my usual habit of one manufacturer in one “army.”

I must also mention the great service, timely delivery and good communication on the owner, Frank’s part.  Such service increases the value of the purchase!

In short, I highly recommend these figures and this company to those ‘gamers’
interested in gangsters.

R.J. Rockefeller
Maryland USA"

Our prices are more than competitive and I will let the photo and endorsement speak for itself.
Please do stop by and see for yourself  - and if you like what you see give us a try and buy.  :)

All the best,

Frank

« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 10:55:52 PM by pops »