Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:49:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The Dice Have Fallen Silent  (Read 1210 times)

Offline Yarkshire Gamer

• Mad Scientist
  • Yarkshire Gamer
    • Yarkshire Gamer
The Dice Have Fallen Silent
« on: March 29, 2020, 04:49:20 PM »

https://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.com/2020/03/the-dice-have-fallen-silent.html

Just a few thoughts on the current crisis and the suspension of gaming here at Yarkshire Gamer.

Stay safe everyone, enjoy that extended painting time.

Regards Ken
The Yarkshire Gamer
"Glittering prizes and endless compromises,  shatter the illusion of integrity"
http://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.co.uk

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
Re: The Dice Have Fallen Silent
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 06:54:42 PM »
Condolences.  The Great Disruption is likely to go on for a bit, I figure 10 weeks is realistic - though always hoping it will be shorter but I will take whatever length it may be to stop it in its tracks, or at least slow it to a crawl because, right now, it is a full-on world record pace sprint.

Good job on several years of knocking the lead mountain down.  I have one last period to collect as it comes out (QRF German East Africa) and then it is all about reducing the lead mountain range in my garage, shed, and hobby room.  Very minimal desires for other stuff and, currently, none of it being made.  If some of it gets made, I will buy a bit more - but tiny amounts in comparison to the Big Buys of years past.

Be safe!

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 07:35:09 PM »
We’ve had success the last couple of weeks using video conferencing software (Google hangouts in our case, but plenty of others available) this scratches both the gaming and social itches.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 09:52:11 PM »
Well put Ken.

I've left a comment (whine) on your blog. :)

Offline Davout

• Librarian
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 05:11:25 PM »
My friends and I have been filling the void with online hobby hangouts. I will also admit that that the forced isolation is allowing me to knock out a lot of long term projects.

I'm looking forward to the return of gaming and getting together, and with painted armies for a change  :) 

Offline DeRuyter

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 05:21:00 PM »
We’ve had success the last couple of weeks using video conferencing software (Google hangouts in our case, but plenty of others available) this scratches both the gaming and social itches.

Quite a few miniature game modules for Tabletop Simulator actually. The game has a chat function but I am not aware of video features.

www.tabletopsimulator.com