Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:47:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686453
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Lockdown extra Project By Fire and Sword in 28mm  (Read 783 times)

Offline Rogerc

• Scatterbrained Genius
Lockdown extra Project By Fire and Sword in 28mm
« on: March 30, 2020, 08:19:00 PM »
OK so I have been checkign out the rules for a while and whilst the figures are fantastic my favourite scale is 28mm and I alreadsy have over 12 units of Poles and Cossacks for my Great Northern War project which will fit nicely into the earlier period so........

As a starting point I have picked u the basic rules and a few more Cossacks and Poles and we will see how I get on.

I picke dup some Pancerni and cossakc wagons from Redoubt without much expectation int terms of the service as it was really poor 18 months ago when I got some bits but it was on the doorstep in under 48hrs, complete and with a free figure. Really impressed, once I have digested the rules and painted some of what I ahve I will get soem more for sure.

Probably do a post on the blog shortly to kick me off.

Appreciate any thoughts or experiences. I have made sure I have plenty of figures to paint, both Ospreys on the Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth, the original book and the Polsih film of By Fire and Sword plus the film of the Deluge. Anything else I need for now?
+
My blog gapagnw.blogspot.co.uk

Offline Rogerc

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Lockdown extra Project By Fire and Sword in 28mm
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 10:31:32 AM »
Polish Dragoons, any ideas folks in 28mm?

So for this period 1055-60 these would look like ECW Dragoons but with long cavalry boots and Polish fir caps. My initial thoughts are to pick up Warlords ECW Dragoon set as they have long boots and then us a head from somewhere to convert them (Kings Mountain over the mountain men/)

Anyone got an thoughts ont this or done it themselves?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/50/7a/ca/507aca8e0f8ae476e47c6a5f122a18a4.jpg
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 10:40:06 AM by Rogerc »

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 10:54:11 AM »
Would slightly later figures, perhaps from League of Augsburg or Northstar 1672 range need less work for the dragoons? (Haven't looked at either to check, but there are a few ranges of Sedgemoor/GNW/WSS etc that are around. Coats might be a bit long, but not sure).
Also worth considering if you will need mounted and foot versions.

Play BFaS in 15mm but don't field Poles, so can't advise on how often you might use mounted and foot, but most dragoons I've seen in action rush forward (mounted) in turn 1 and/or 2 then spend the rest of the game on foot.
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline Rogerc

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 01:55:41 PM »
You are right yes I will need mounted and foot. The later period need a bit more work as these guys wont have cartridge boxes in the earlier period and the floppy hats or stockign caps will still need swapping for fur lined caps.

I have plenty to do with the other troop types for the moment just need to think this through before commiting to the conversion work qnd spendign the cash.