Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:28:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Ghost Archipelago and Gripping Beast figure frames  (Read 1317 times)

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
Ghost Archipelago and Gripping Beast figure frames
« on: April 02, 2020, 11:24:49 PM »
will these to sets intermix? there are some GB heads I would like to put on GA bodies.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it anymore and what is it seems weird and scary.

Offline Zinkala

• Bookworm
Re: Ghost Archipelago and Gripping Beast figure frames
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 03:12:14 AM »
I've mixed bits between Frostgrave, Fireforge Teutonics and Russians and GB vikings. I don't have any of the Ghost Archipelago minis but I'd think they'd match ok. But then I was trying to stick old GW bits (big) on some of the historical bodies years ago before all these great better match sets came out so my judgement may be scewed.

Offline MikeRC97

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 01:44:42 PM »
will these to sets intermix? there are some GB heads I would like to put on GA bodies.

It's possible but tricky.  You can see a couple of examples in the thread below:

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=118147.0

The heads on the GB (and Fireforge) figures are not sculpted with a neck (the neck is sculpted on the body).  On the Northstar fantasy plastic figures the neck is sculpted as part of the head as a ball (with a socket in the body).  So there will be a gap between the head and the neck.  On some of the figures (like the crossbowmen in the first warband in the link above) the gap isn't really visible because the body has a hood.  The GA figures have less clothing so you might have to do a lot more work to fill the gap.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 01:46:43 PM by MikeRC97 »

Offline MikeRC97

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 01:45:13 PM »
deleted double post

Offline The Gray Ghost

• Mastermind
  • Beware The Gray Ghost
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 01:54:40 AM »
Thanks it may be worth getting a sprue as I am trying to make some arabianesque? figures.

Offline Ultravanillasmurf

• Galactic Brain
    • Ultravanillasmurf
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2020, 08:19:51 AM »
Here is my first sprue's worth of Arabs for GA, Gripping Beast with a GA sailor.

This is the back view of the Arab sprue showing the neck fitting.

To fix the GB heads to GA bodies I would suggest drilling a 3mm hole in the body and using a piece of plastic tube (3mm) to provide a neck (the other way round use a drill bit to make a suitable socket for the attached neck of the head).

I often open up the socket on the bodies to bed the head down. It makes the figure look a bit more tense.

More here: http://ultravanillasmurf.blogspot.com/2018/09/frostgrave-ghost-archipelago-gripping.html
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 08:21:53 AM by Ultravanillasmurf »

Offline AWu

• Mastermind
    • War is the H-word
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2020, 09:55:19 PM »
They will work great but as Smurf suggested. You need to fill the neck emptiness. I use  pins and green stuff,

Ive not crossed Arabs with Fg but I used Goths heads for Frostgrave
Here is one head finished and one on the pin before adding Gs
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 11:52:34 AM by AWu »

Offline M.P.

• Mad Scientist
    • Barbaric Frontier
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2020, 10:38:12 PM »
Very nice kitbashing Andrew :).
My roleplaying/wargaming blog: barbaricfrontier.blogspot.com