Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:35:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686451
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: BSC2020: We have a winner!  (Read 3292 times)

Offline Sinewgrab

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • All to all, by my mustard!
Re: BSC2020: We have a winner!
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2020, 06:15:13 PM »
Yes, many kudos to Hammer for running the whole thing.  I was overjoyed just to win one round, but make it to the final was mind-blowing.

Thank you to everyone who voted, and many congrats to Codsticker - I'd love to see that on the field someday.
"There is no known cure for the wargaming virus, only treatments with ever increasing doses of metal."

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2020, 08:26:54 PM »
I agree, many thanks to Hammers and all the participants for all the hours spent on their entries. It was a lot of fun to follow along and watch these projects come to life.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 08:41:09 PM by syrinx0 »
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline beefcake

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2020, 08:30:49 PM »
Congrats codsticker and well done hammers for running a great comp. Loved to see all the entries. All worthy of a prideful place on the tabletop. (Dont think prideful is a word though)

Offline Mick_in_Switzerland

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2020, 07:25:56 AM »
Congratulations to everybody involved. :-*

I liked many of the entries and the final eight were all outstanding.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 07:27:34 AM by Mick_in_Switzerland »

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2020, 08:02:15 AM »
I have just gone through a fast track eight stage grief process for being beaten in round  (shock&denial -> pain&guilt -> hissy fit -> kicking the cat -> rowdy night at the pub -> hangover -> nurturing  a prolonged grudge -> plotting revenge).

Thanks for your kind words. It's been a pleasure. I'd be happy to take some serious feed back and criticism, if you have  any. I personally felt 4 voting rounds (about a months time) were a bit of a long haul for basically the same entries. I like that we have a long build phase though.  So if you have any ideas how we an hone the experience for builders and voters, I am all ears.

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2020, 03:45:21 AM »
Congratulations to the champion Codsticker and all the participants - this was an amazing year for the contest! Hammers, it is people like you who put their time and effort into something that we should thank. Your efforts provided so many with so much joy. Think of all the stressful days you alleviated by keeping this contest going and giving us all something to look at, wonder over, and forget about all our troubles. Thank you, sir!

Mike Demana

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2020, 08:21:53 AM »
Congratulations to the champion Codsticker and all the participants - this was an amazing year for the contest! Hammers, it is people like you who put their time and effort into something that we should thank. Your efforts provided so many with so much joy. Think of all the stressful days you alleviated by keeping this contest going and giving us all something to look at, wonder over, and forget about all our troubles. Thank you, sir!

Mike Demana

It is not all that demanding. People are very understanding when real life's little interruptions  comes in the way for the competition.

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2020, 08:40:57 AM »

Thanks for your kind words. It's been a pleasure. I'd be happy to take some serious feed back and criticism, if you have  any. I personally felt 4 voting rounds (about a months time) were a bit of a long haul for basically the same entries. I like that we have a long build phase though.  So if you have any ideas how we an hone the experience for builders and voters, I am all ears.

Maybe have a main round to decide 4 for semi finals and then a final. Pictures for the first round could be the current format-ish, semi's picture(s) would be the entry in a gaming setting and for the final you could do whatever you wanted for the pictures. That might help keep interest between rounds but would create more admin.
Dunno, just the first thing that wandered into my head.
Yvan eht nioj!

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2020, 02:27:14 AM »
I have just gone through a fast track eight stage grief process for being beaten in round  (shock&denial -> pain&guilt -> hissy fit -> kicking the cat -> rowdy night at the pub -> hangover -> nurturing  a prolonged grudge -> plotting revenge).
I do wish I could have been there for the "rowdy night at the pub" stage and joined  you in a drink.

For the voting, perhaps a confidence pool voting  (rank your favorites)  then a vote off between the final two might cut the rounds?  That said I am not sure how to do that online.

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2020, 02:32:50 AM »
Congrats, awesome entries this year :)
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza