Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:23:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Second Lockdown Game  (Read 705 times)

Offline Vis Bellica

• Scientist
    • Vis Lardica
Second Lockdown Game
« on: April 07, 2020, 10:26:03 AM »
We’re still in coronavirus lockdown in the UK: banned from leaving the house except for essential trips. For most people, that means no gaming or, at best, some kind of online get together. I, however, am lucky enough to have daughter number one’s boyfriend staying with us for the duration: lucky because (1) he likes to cook and (2) he has discovered that he enjoys wargaming.

Our second game was To The Strongest again: it’s grid-based tabletop and simple-yet-subtle mechanics make it ideal for a new gamer to pick up quickly.

This time, I would take a Gallic army consisting of large amounts of hairy-bothered Celtic warriors and face off against an Athenian Greek Hoplite army consisting of large amounts of, well, hoplites.

Click on the link below to see what happened:

https://www.vislardica.com/blog/2020/4/7/a-second-lockdown-game-of-to-the-strongest

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Second Lockdown Game
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 11:54:30 PM »
A captive opponent who has to be nice to you because you are his girlfriends dad....excellent  lol
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Easy E

• Mastermind
  • Just some guy who does stuff
    • Blood and Spectacles
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 03:41:38 PM »
A great looking game! 

I am pretty sure the boyfriend let you win...... lol
Support Blood and Spectacles Publishing:
https://www.patreon.com/Bloodandspectaclespublishing

Offline Sir_Theo

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 03:58:23 PM »
Well a great way of converting someone is to show them ranks and ranks of brairifully painted minis! Nice work