Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:00:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Captain Blood's ECW resurrection. P.43. Cuirassiers ride!  (Read 69365 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
But bloody lovely!   :-*

Thank you ;)

And now, here are the rest of Knightley's Troop of Horse.

All from TAG, except the figure on the right, which is a Bicorne figure kindly donated to the cause by Gibby - thank you :)

The three troopers have all had feathers added to their hats. The trumpeter is as he comes, from the half-armoured TYW cuiraisser command pack (although I've swapped him onto a standing TAG Renaissance horse).

The motif on his trumpet banner is, naturally, the key to the kingdom (the Knightleys have a high opinion of themselves ;))

And all together, with Lady Lucinda and Sir Clifton, and the irrepressible Patch...

Offline gamer Mac

• Galactic Brain
VERY nice  work :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline Dags

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Superb  8)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
VERY nice  work :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Cheers Colin :)
Just like pirates, it turns out you can never have too many cavaliers...

Superb  8)

Thanks Jon.

It's your Dags hound that really makes them ;)

(I think the other one is going to have to fight for Parliament though. Brother against brother. Litter-mate against litter-mate  lol)

Offline TheDilfy

• Librarian
Stunning, just stunning.  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* I feel unworthy to upload pics of my mere dabblings with a paint brush   :-I
Climber, Motorbiking, Board gaming and Wargaming

Offline Ray Rivers

• Galactic Brain
Just like pirates, it turns out you can never have too many cavaliers...

Nope!

And those are very charming!

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Nope!

And those are very charming!

Thanks Ray.

Stunning, just stunning.  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* I feel unworthy to upload pics of my mere dabblings with a paint brush   :-I

You better had  lol
Practice is all it takes. Would love to see what you come up with  :)

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
Lovely work

Offline Hu Rhu

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
A gorgeous troop.   :-* :-*

The Bicorne figure doesn't look out of place at all. I've always thought that Bicorne were much bigger than other ranges except Renegade.  Is that down to changing horses or are the TAG ECW and Bicorne figures that compatible?

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Thanks Gary :)

No, you're absolutely right. The TAG figures are definitely more diminutive, and Renegade in particular (and to a slightly lesser extent Bicorne) are very much on the large 28mm side.
But this is much more noticeable with the foot figures than the mounted ones. The horses, interestingly, are about the same size across all three ranges - and this happens to be one of the smaller Bicorne ECW horses.
If you look carefully though, the Bicorne rider is much more anatomically correct, especially as his legs are about 3mm longer!
Lovely as they are, for some reason, in his work for TAG, Nick Collier has taken to sculpting his mounted figures with strangely stumpy lower limbs. It doesn't really notice at first glance, especially once the figure is painted and mounted in situ. But 'in the raw' many of the TAG mounted figures appear weirdly short in the leg. I can't fathom why he does this. In his work for Bicorne and Renegade, he made anatomically more correct (but much bigger) figures. His brief from TAG (and I have some of his first TAG Renaissance figures from 11 or 12 years ago) seems to have been to aim for slightly smaller, 'true 28mm' figures. The result seems to have been some slightly odd compromises in the anatomy department!
I still very much like them though. Bundles of character.

As far as TAG foot figures go, I double mount them (a 20mm washer on top of a 25mm washer - which vanishes under the basing) to just boost their height by an extra 2mm-3mm, so they don't look too noticeably titchy alongside my Bicorne / Renegade figures.

Offline Bugsda

• Scatterbrained Genius
Absolute colour bombs Richard, excellent  :-*
Well I've lead an evil life, so they say, but I'll outrun the Devil on judgement day.

Offline Rogerc

• Scatterbrained Genius
Brilliant
+
My blog gapagnw.blogspot.co.uk

Offline levied troop

• Mastermind
Those are absolutely gorgeous, definetly a bunch of Royalist pomps. 
I’ve been avoiding this thread precisely because of this sort of temptation and now I’m off to the lower basement to look at my boxes of unpainted Bicorne. It’s just a look, ok? A look can’t hurt, can it.
The League of Gentlemen Anti Alchemists
(We Turn Gold into Lead)

Offline oxiana

• Mastermind
Gorgeous and crisp colours, Richard. Another brilliant unit!

Offline Munindk

• Mad Scientist
  • Denmark
Wonderful painting as always Captain, but I feel you've missed an opportunity by not naming Lucinda or Patch Keira instead  ;D