Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:08:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Captain Blood's ECW resurrection. P.43. Cuirassiers ride!  (Read 68333 times)

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Gorgeous work, simply lovely colours and so well painted.   :-*   :-*   :-*

Offline Plynkes

• The Royal Bastard
  • Elder God
  • I killed Mufasa!
    • http://misterplynkes.blogspot.com/
I had rather have a plain, russet-coated Captain, that knows what he fights for, and loves what he knows, than that you call a Gentleman and is nothing else.

Boo!

Oops, I mean bloody fantastic, Richard. Just effing wonderful! It's always a delight to see your stuff. So productive and always to such a high standard. I am in the grip of petty, bitter jealousy, but am also inspired. :)

With Cat-Like Tread
Upon our prey we steal...

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
that mutt is lovely  :)

Online white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
So, you have to put me in your will for that ECW collection and if there's something I have in my collection that you want, I wil ldo the same. 8)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Thanks all. Much appreciated :)

So, you have to put me in your will for that ECW collection and if there's something I have in my collection that you want, I wil ldo the same. 8)

lol Of course ;)

I’ve been avoiding this thread precisely because of this sort of temptation and now I’m off to the lower basement to look at my boxes of unpainted Bicorne. It’s just a look, ok? A look can’t hurt, can it.

No, it definitely can't hurt... ;)
Just don't get sucked into buying more... :D

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
Amazing work! The added feather to that Bicorne cavalryman (and the amendments to all the figures) really adds to the character of the model. It's even more awesome to see him so beautifully painted up after recently owning him in the bare metal!  :D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 05:04:26 PM by Gibby »

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
lol
Thanks David.
He’s turned out well  :)

Offline Anderson Collection

• Mad Scientist
    • The Anderson Collection
Top class once again well done :-* :-*

Offline TheDilfy

• Librarian
You better had  lol
Practice is all it takes. Would love to see what you come up with  :)
Well now I have my basing materials arrived I can get them finished but they are a completely different period so might not be your cup of tea...…. ;)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 09:58:14 PM by TheDilfy »
Climber, Motorbiking, Board gaming and Wargaming

Offline TheDilfy

• Librarian
@Captain Blood and others

What do you use as a base for the basing of your figures?

In the past I have used all sorts from thick artists board to the plastic sheets used in PCB manufacture (cannot recall the proper name for the plastic). The thick plastic sheets are the best as they never warp, ever, unlike MDF and other thick cardboard. The negative side is need an industrial cutter to be honest to cut them See pic. The things is where to get some more from and have it cut?

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Ah, sorry, I’m afraid I probably can’t help you there. All my figures are based individually on metal washers, except for these ECW cavalry, which are individually based on 2mm MDF rectangles 60mm long by 30mm wide. Not sure whereabouts you are in the world. In the UK, you can buy these very cheaply on eBay. Like 3 GBP for a pack of 15 with free shipping. I have about 120 cavalry figures on these bases, some for 10-12 years, and they’ve never warped. If you’re multi-basing your figures though, then I guess big sections of MDF could warp, although I’d be surprised to be honest. I have large sheets of MDF terrain boards and they’ve never warped either, although I do keep them laid flat in a stack when not in use.

Offline TheDilfy

• Librarian
Ah, sorry, I’m afraid I probably can’t help you there. All my figures are based individually on metal washers, except for these ECW cavalry, which are individually based on 2mm MDF rectangles 60mm long by 30mm wide. Not sure whereabouts you are in the world. In the UK, you can buy these very cheaply on eBay. Like 3 GBP for a pack of 15 with free shipping. I have about 120 cavalry figures on these bases, some for 10-12 years, and they’ve never warped. If you’re multi-basing your figures though, then I guess big sections of MDF could warp, although I’d be surprised to be honest. I have large sheets of MDF terrain boards and they’ve never warped either, although I do keep them laid flat in a stack when not in use.

<---------UK so the MDF bases will do. Where do you purchase your MDF bases from Capt. B?

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God

Offline TheDilfy

• Librarian
Thanks Ray.

You better had  lol
Practice is all it takes. Would love to see what you come up with  :)

Ok I've put up a couple of pics here
http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=124824.0

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
A very small update...
One additional figure for Sir Marmaduke Fondling's Pinkcoat Regiment of Shot...

This is an extra figure that Gibby kindly sent me - so I thought the least I could do was paint him.

Interestingly, most of my ECW foot units were painted for me some years ago by my good friend, the excellent baner.
I was recently trying to match his unique painting style on a few extra figures I bought to bulk out some of those units, but I just couldn't get the colours right at all. So baner kindly agreed to paint those figures for me too - I'm expecting them back shortly :)

Meanwhile I received this additional figure from Gibby. I think I've finally done a passable job of matching baner's style. (You can tell it's not quite my usual style, because I've painted his eyes - and I NEVER paint eyes on 28mm figures lol)

Here he is alongside one of baner's paintjobs - not too dissimilar, although I just noticed haven't managed to get the skin tone the same at all. Ah well...

Once I've received those other figures back (and based them), I'll update with pictures of all the respective units, so you'll gradually get to see the whole ECW collection in this one thread.