Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:29:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Captain Blood's ECW resurrection. P.43. Cuirassiers ride!  (Read 68311 times)

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Absolutely beautiful work.  Sublime!  :-*   :-*   :-*

Jam first 😁

This though, I have to take exception with!

Cream on first, brothers!

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
 lol
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Poiter50

• Scatterbrained Genius
Explains it with my Cornish background. lol

Cheers,
Poiter50

Offline Jeff965

• Scatterbrained Genius
Brilliant thread as ever Richard, as far as the scone debate goes I prefer Welsh cakes  lol

Offline TheDilfy

• Librarian
OMG  :o :o :o :o  no that picture is all wrong. o_o o_o o_o  Cornwall's way is the correct way! :-* :-* :-* :-*

Climber, Motorbiking, Board gaming and Wargaming

Offline Steam Flunky

• Mastermind
  • Stop the world.I want to get off!
    • My Miniature collections on Flickr
OMG  :o :o :o :o  no that picture is all wrong. o_o o_o o_o  Cornwall's way is the correct way! :-* :-* :-* :-*
The Devon way is the only logical way! The clotted cream is so thick that you spread it on the scone with a knife and a spoonful of jam is dropped on top. If you try to spread the cream on top of the jam it just makes a right bloody mess.
laf medals by Robert  (steam flunky), auf Flickrhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/torq42/sets/

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
The Devon way is the only logical way! The clotted cream is so thick that you spread it on the scone with a knife and a spoonful of jam is dropped on top. If you try to spread the cream on top of the jam it just makes a right bloody mess.

lol

Okay, please let’s not do this here (but you’re wrong, Robert - the jam forms an adhesive layer that coats the scone and provides a base for a heaped mountain of clotted cream. Cornwall forever!!! ;))

I’d better post some more figures quickly, before this becomes the official LAF cream tea debate thread.
(The one topic guaranteed to become more contentious than the LAF GW discussion thread...  ;))

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Moving on from cream teas...  ;)

Here's the latest addition - more eBay scrapings hot off the painting desk: Sir Hardress Waller's yellowcoats.
I liked Gary's suggestion of Sir William Waller's regiment, but then I came across his cousin, Sir  Hardress Waller, which is, well, just a more interesting name. Plus Sir Hardress lived at Groombridge Place, which is not that far from me and I happen to know quite well. (It's where 'The Draughtsman's Contract' was filmed).

I did toy with 'Sir Joseph Maplin's Yellowcoats' (for those of a certain age) but decided against it ;)

This is currently a mixed pike and shot unit, but I have the same number to paint again, which will give me two units, one pike, one shot.

They're all Bicorne and Renegade figures, sculpted by Nick Collier, with (I think) the exception of the drummer boy which is (I think) an Alan Marsh sculpt. I've been quite sniffy about the Marsh sculpts as opposed to the generally brilliant Collier sculpts for Bicorne, but I must say, I quite like this one. He's a strange figure though, because as far as I can tell, he doesn't appear anywhere in the Bicorne ECW catalogue / online store. But it's definitely a Bicorne figure. Bit of a mystery...

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Nice and bright  :D

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
 :-* :-* :-*
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Online westwaller

• Mad Scientist
More great work Captain!
It has been interesting watching the correlation between the growth of this thread and the sudden rise in the price of Renegade ECW figures on eBay!  lol
 Maybe that drummer is from one of the selection of Bicorne command groups? The drummers can't be seen in all of them as they are in the back row.

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
They look superb. Sir Joseph Maplin would have made a marvellous commanding officer! Perhaps Geoffrey Fairbrother could have been his 1st Captain?   ;)

Online Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
They certainly cut the mustard. Excellent. :-*
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 0
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)

Offline Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
Lovely painting.

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Top drawer (and I bet they are in said top drawer)  :-* :-* :-*