Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:15:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686476
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Captain Blood's ECW resurrection. P.43. Cuirassiers ride!  (Read 68320 times)

Offline levied troop

• Mastermind
Gob, meet smack! :o
A stunning collection and terrain, quite inspirational. Many thanks for doing this, I’m going to be looking through those photos for several days to come :-*
The League of Gentlemen Anti Alchemists
(We Turn Gold into Lead)

Offline Keith

• Mastermind
    • Small Wars Blog
Hecking heck Richard - dare I say it but seeing that lot takes me back to the 'old days' of the forum. Outstanding in every way!
An infrequent Blog http://small-wars.com

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Thanks gents. Glad you like them :)

Hecking heck Richard - dare I say it but seeing that lot takes me back to the 'old days' of the forum. Outstanding in every way!

lol I know just what you mean Keith. Quite often, browsing the forum these days, the lyrics 'A little less conversation, a little more action please' do seem to pop into my head ;)

Meanwhile, I've reset the table to a more open village + river arrangement for today's game (s)
The Pikeman's Lament this morning, and then another reset (more village buildings!) for A Fistful Of Lead medievals this afternoon :)

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
I can well believe that, for some reason.
 ;D

If you had a proper phone you could join in the fun  lol
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
wonderful (with figs pics). Can't really imagine better.

photo quality is mostly excellent too, particularly if you're using natural light (can't really tell if there's anything else going on -which is all the more impressive).

Offline Eric the Shed

• Galactic Brain
    • The Shed Wars Experience
simply wonderful - have fun with your games

Online Paul Richardson

• Mad Scientist
Richard: a simply breath-taking collection. Fabulous. The owners of Renegade and of Bicorne must be a bit richer as a result! ;)

Offline Eric the Shed

• Galactic Brain
    • The Shed Wars Experience
Richard: a simply breath-taking collection. Fabulous. The owners of Renegade and of Bicorne must be a bit richer as a result! ;)

They should be paying him !

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
Stupendously great layout!!

I don't want to digress but......

Are the 'tiles' made from wood? I'm still humming and haring over what to use to building my terrain tiles and if I could get away with using wood then what sort of would it be best to go for and what sort of material is it best to use to create the texture and perhaps the off ridge or two?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 10:05:54 PM by Atheling »

Online Ragnar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Marvelous collection, and terrain setup.  It all looks great!
Gods, monsters and men,
Will die together in the end.

Offline Warboss Nick

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
Said it before and will say it again: wonderful collection and lovely terrain. It must have been a lot of joy to set up all of your miniatures.

Offline Bugsda

• Scatterbrained Genius
Impressive  :-*
Well I've lead an evil life, so they say, but I'll outrun the Devil on judgement day.

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Thanks lads  :)

Said it before and will say it again: wonderful collection and lovely terrain. It must have been a lot of joy to set up all of your miniatures.

Thanks Nick. Undeniably enjoyable :)

Are the 'tiles' made from wood? I'm still humming and haring over what to use to building my terrain tiles and if I could get away with using wood then what sort of would it be best to go for and what sort of material is it best to use to create the texture and perhaps the off ridge or two?

Darrell, these are just flat 6mm MDF boards about 15 years old. I have about a dozen of them with different road surfaces, ponds, low profile textures overlaid. Everything else - houses, fields, hedges, walls, trees, etc, just gets placed on top to create the scene. I store these boards flat in a stack. They have never warped. Truthfully, I don't know why people seem to have such trouble with terrain boards! I've got about 15 'sculptured' foam slab boards (temperate and desert), plus a dozen of these flat MDF boards. I've never had any warping from any of them - and they are not reinforced in any way. Honestly, I think it's all about how and where you store them :)

Anyway, a game was played, but for some reason, my camera was playing up and most of the pics were blurry :(

So just a couple of shots for flavour...

Prince Rupert leads his lifeguard across the bridge into the teeth of Gallivant's pike... Schoolboy error.

Although his unit of gallopers was destroyed, the pike were then shot to pieces and routed by Royalist musketry...

Leaving the Prince to go knocking on doors looking for Lady Astley - who it turned out the rascally Roundheads were holding in the church instead...

This was just one small corner of the battle, but alas, no more pics worth showing  :(

Much more entertainingly though, here is Senor Malamute getting into the spirit of things before the onset of hostilities  lol

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
Much more entertainingly though, here is Senor Malamute getting into the spirit of things before the onset of hostilities  lol

lol

That's terrible  lol

Offline AKULA

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
Much more entertainingly though, here is Senor Malamute getting into the spirit of things before the onset of hostilities

A fearsome sight  lol