Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:53:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689629
  • Total Topics: 118288
  • Online Today: 681
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: WHAT ARE YOU UP TO IN LOCKDOWN?  (Read 7040 times)

Offline Eric the Shed

• Galactic Brain
    • The Shed Wars Experience
Re: WHAT ARE YOU UP TO IN LOCKDOWN?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2020, 07:30:45 PM »
I am extending my shed again and pimping up the games room - you can read all about it on the blog !!

www.shedwars.blogspot.com

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2020, 07:50:33 PM »
"Tonight Mathew I'm going to be' ;D
Finding out how fast I can build a small. 28mm Fantasy Castle/fortified house.From scrap . On account of a toy lightsaber  being tougher than the telly, and the new one not arriving until tomorrow.

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2020, 08:27:59 AM »
Been doing loads of home improvement so the only wargames stuff has been some terrain.

And markers

Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline nozza_uk

• Mad Scientist
    • The wargaming world of Nozza
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2020, 09:54:38 AM »
I created a dedicated page on my blog to document my Covid 19 lockdown activity - https://nozzawargaming.blogspot.com/p/coronavirus-hobby-activity.html

Work has never been busier, so I'm really grateful for Contrast paints. I know they're not everyone's 'cup of tea', but they really have improved my painting productivity. Working my way through my lead pile and finding figures I had forgotten I had too!

Also, got some 4ground kits finally built too!

Offline FierceKitty

• Mastermind
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2020, 10:50:37 AM »
1) Online campaigns and wargames you are playing (virtually) with friends.  One-off games face to face with my better half. But we've done a big Hellenistic battle online, and we have an 1880s Sudan campaign starting Sunday.

2) Recommendations for books you are reading or movies you are watching.  Nothing unusual.

3) Terrain you are building.  Just flocking up a few bases.

4) Buildings you are putting together; scratch-built or flatpack.  Niente.

5) Forces you are building.  WWI fleets.

6) Figures you are painting. Reinforcing two Ashigaru armies.

7) Have you recruited any of your family/household as lockdown wargaming partners!?  Wife; but she was a gamer already.

8) Is your wargames club/group getting up to any virtual/online activity (I know one club who are having a military quiz night!)? Not that I know of.

9) Anything else you think other wargamers might be interested in hearing about.  I wish one company I can think of would deliver the long-promissed order!
The laws of probability do not apply to my dice in wargames or to my finesses in bridge.

Offline Chimpfoot

• Mad Scientist
  • Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all
    • chimpfoots tavern
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2020, 09:17:28 AM »
Probably too late for the party but post anyway.
Decided to see what I could make with what I already own rather than buying new stuff during lockdown. I know crazy huh?

Anyway choose the post apocalyptic era and ended starting work on a set of solo rules for the setting. Play testing, terrain building and scenario writing. Keeping me lovely and busy.
Keep safe
chimpfoots-tavern.blogspot.com

Offline Archie

• Mad Scientist
    • The Grinning Frog
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2020, 02:39:46 PM »
Chimpfoot - lovely the paintwork - especially on the car. Very nice!

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
  • Sometimes I feel like Schroedinger's Cat
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2020, 03:46:36 PM »
Our company was purchased by J&J, I was moved to a new team, been working remotely and trying to come up to speed while homeschooling the kids.  Phew!

Also, managed to paint up about 150 minis in two months, mostly while listening to long, boring, irrelevant meetings via Zoo, Skype, and Hangouts.

Here are a few of the most recent minis.

Offline ErikB

• Mastermind
  • Sometimes I feel like Schroedinger's Cat
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2020, 03:52:02 PM »
And a few more.

Offline DanielB

• Assistant
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2020, 09:45:04 AM »
I've been working on some ultra-moderns from Spectre Miniatures for a campaign I'm putting together based on the video game series Tom Clancy's The Division. The latest expansion added in five new bad guys, and I have replicated them in 28mm scale, working from the artwork from the game, seen in the link below:

https://external-preview.redd.it/Z8bZUZ54mPbLm2OTW-416z6Prqwpl8_C4Hx7SjvixKk.png?width=960&crop=smart&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=385b6f068359fdc527afff5cc0d87e1c1ffc0abb

In addition, I've also been painting up some Black Tusk PMC to act as a secondary antagonist in the campaign.

Offline Dervel

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Assistant
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2020, 01:15:36 PM »
Been making YouTube videos on how to play Triumph, since I can't do this at conventions:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIMiqEZjn1w43ZN1ox_JXWw?view_as=subscriber

Just uploaded recently a video of playing through the Battle of Hattin which was one of the games I had planned to run at Historicon.