Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:46:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Bashkirs and Tartars  (Read 800 times)

Offline OB

• Mastermind
Bashkirs and Tartars
« on: April 12, 2020, 12:38:51 PM »
I recently bought some Old Glory 15mm Bashkirs for my Russian Napoleonic Army.  More for variety and colour than for tactical reasons.  There are a couple of pics below.

It came to me that they would be useful for the Great Northern War too.  Then I realised I also had 3 units of Tartars for the Opium Wars and a couple of Ottoman ones.  Putting them all together I have enough for a Tartar Force in its own right.

The figures are from Old Glory 15mm and Museum miniatures if you've ever wondered what was available in 15mm for Tartars you might like to click the link.

https://youdonotknowthenorth.blogspot.com

Offline Rogerc

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Bashkirs and Tartars
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020, 05:11:29 PM »
Multi use troops from the Renaissance right through to the retreat from Moscow. Great work.
+
My blog gapagnw.blogspot.co.uk

Offline photocrinch

• Librarian
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 06:59:20 PM »
I've always wanted a unit of Bashkirs but sold my 28mm Russian collection before I had a chance to paint them.  Maybe I'll get to add them in 1/72!

Nice work on your 15s!

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 10:20:18 PM »
I've got a fair few Museum Tartars for By Fire & Sword, they have a lot of different packs that mix in quite well together, listed as Mongols, Persians, Tukomans & Turcopoles.

Generally pick up an extra unit each January in the 25% off sale that they always have after Christmas.
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline OB

• Mastermind
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 10:45:43 AM »
Thanks fellows.   Just another 26 of them to paint.

Yes the Museum Sale is a particularly good one.

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 11:24:57 AM »
Nice job! When you play a Talon and Claw game, please share! Cheers!
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline OB

• Mastermind
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 02:37:00 PM »
I will, it will be Russians versus Swedish.  First I need to play Mudki with Field of Battle and Killiecrankie with the League of Augsbourg's War of Three Kings.