Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:14:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689225
  • Total Topics: 118264
  • Online Today: 500
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Hunt for Inquisitor Remus  (Read 1693 times)

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
The Hunt for Inquisitor Remus
« on: April 29, 2020, 01:19:42 AM »
A little project I'm working on during lock down.  I'm working on rules for a more streamlined Inquisitor game.  It will have Inquisitorial warbands fighting each other after leveling accusations of heresy and inactivity at each other.

Played the first game tonight. 

I'm still working out the details and trying the rules out but things look promising so far.  It has been nice being able to pull out models that are tough to use in other games because they aren't powerful enough to have much of a tabletop presence. 

I'll share more as the project goes on but here are some pics. 

Offline Genghis

• Mad Scientist
Re: The Hunt for Inquisitor Remus
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 05:57:39 PM »
Some nice photos and cool looking warbands.  I'm intrigued by what rules you'll come up with.  My own personal quest for a more streamlined Inquisitor game currently looks like a set of house rules to build on Kill Team (adding some Necromunda-esque elements) and playing fast and loose with the warband creation rules.
Instagram: @genghis_toy_soldiers

2024 - Figures Acquired: 50  Figures Painted: 9
2023 - Figures Acquired: 99  Figures Painted: 100
2022 - Figures Acquired: 59  Figures Painted: 54
2021 - Figures Acquired: 56  Figures Painted: 60
2020 - Figures Acquired: 63  Figures Painted: 92

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 07:59:51 PM »
I want to test play this a few more times and then play with some friends and get some actual nice-looking stuff put together before I post rules and things but when I do, I will.  I'm hoping that next weekend we might be able to do some stuff here in PA, but I'll play it by ear. 

All of my actual 40K terrain is at the local store so when I can get down there I'll get some even better pictures. 

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 04:17:31 PM »
Two more test games in this morning and I think I have the basics down pretty well at this point.  Things flow smoothly, nothing seems to over powered.

The first game saw the two inquisitors face off in an attempt to get their hands on a relic from a destroyed space craft. 

Ordo Hereticus managed to get their hands on the alien device but Hereticus was quick to dispatch the warrior carrying it and managed to recover it.

Game two saw the two forces meet again.  This time Ordo Hereticus was trying to gain control of several alien devices that were powering up to create a warp portal. Little did they know that this was just a trap laid by the Ordo Xenos inquisitor to bring them in and try to recover the object from the last game. 

The plan misfired badly and the Ordo Xenos warband was forced to flee the battlefield and will be licking their wounds for some time to come. 

I'm going to make a few adjustments to the lists based on the games so far.  We'll see if that improves things. 

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2020, 05:01:50 PM »
Great looking game :)

I'm struck by how many terrain pieces we have in common!
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2020, 05:17:09 PM »
In my experience, that particular lander, crashes in exactly the same way almost every time.  It must be a design flaw in how it comes apart like that.  I've seen hundreds of them come apart in the same way across scores of battlefields all over  the Imperium, even dating back 10,000 years. 

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 12:45:30 AM »
In my experience, that particular lander, crashes in exactly the same way almost every time.  It must be a design flaw in how it comes apart like that.  I've seen hundreds of them come apart in the same way across scores of battlefields all over  the Imperium, even dating back 10,000 years.

I was thinking of the Armorcast skull piles and the structures, but I do also have the wrecked lander  lol

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 01:27:57 AM »
Interesting game idea.  Looks like fun. 
I don't have crashed lander in my terrain pile sadly.   ::)
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2020, 11:07:31 PM »
Here are the first of the cards for the game.  The game is like Warcry, almost exactly.  There are a few small changes.  I'm going to make new terrain cards using 40K using 40K themed scenery but other than that it will be exactly like Warcry only for Inquisitor.

https://www.keepandshare.com/doc19/27475/group-pdf-export-pdf-4-9-meg

The Warbands will be for a specific Inquisitor and that Inquisitor's warband will have an ability card that they can access during the game.  There will also be a universal ability card which I suspect will not be much different from the one in Warcry.  The abilities for the faction cards will come from Warcry as much as possible too.

I'm also thinking about adding a special psychic power card as a second universal card but that might make things more complicated than I want them to be. 

The cards that are done so far are a smattering of the characters that I have for the game.  There will be more, of course, and I'll be putting specific lists together pretty soon. 

Warbands will consist of 1 Inquisitor or equivalent plus a number of henchmen.  There will likely be a couple of tougher henchmen plus between 4-6 lower level flunkies. 

Each warband will be about 7-9 models with most being 9 models. 

For example one of the first two warbands I've come up with has:

Inquisitor

Enforcer

Cyber mastiff

Priest

2 Arco flagellants

2 Inquisitorial storm troopers

As I said it is mostly just an excuse to use a lot of cool models I've had for a long time. 

Offline syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2020, 02:39:20 AM »
As I said it is mostly just an excuse to use a lot of cool models I've had for a long time.
Nothing wrong with that!

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2020, 10:54:14 PM »
I finally got my order in from GW on Friday and I finished the first two Inquisitors in it.  I like these models.  I hadn't bought them before because I really didn't have anything to do with them.  Now I'm excited that I do.

The power armour guy is named Inquisitor Corteaz and he has a psyber-eagle as well as a thunder hammer.  He also has psychic powers.  I think he is going to have a smaller warband than most of the Inquisitors in the game because his equipment makes him pretty tough.  I'm not going to wed myself to the Warcry idea of having 8-9 models per warband.  His may only have six.

As far as abilities go he will have the psyber-eagle do something similar to the crow in the corvus cabal warband in warcry but it might be able to inflict damage too.  Like roll a d6 on a 2-5 they can't make disengage movements on a 6 they can't do that AND they take a point of damage.  It seems like a psyber eagle should be a little more ferocious than a crow.

For his other ability it will probably be some sort of psychic power. 

The other one is an unnamed witch hunter.  He is the leader of the most puritanical warband of the ones I'm going to build and the only one that is complete already.  He won't have any psychic powers but his pistol packs a punch and he has a power sword.  So he'll be no slouch.

Hopefully by the weekend I'll have the rest of the models painted.  I've got Eisenhorn, Greyfax, the other generic Inquisitor and an acolyte to go.  I also ordered the Crusader figures but they didn't come in yet.