Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:41:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686589
  • Total Topics: 118109
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: New Powerset idea for Super Mission Force  (Read 1121 times)

Offline Vilegrimm

• Lurker
New Powerset idea for Super Mission Force
« on: May 02, 2020, 01:32:54 AM »
So after playing around with the Solo rules playtest, and being able to actually play something tabletop again,
I decided to go through my collection of supers and start creating some characters.  Then I came across one
of my models (Phobia), and tried to think of a way to represent his powers... and that got me thinking about
characters like the Psycho Pirate, and others that manipulate emotions.  That's when the X-Power came in handy,
sort of.

I first started by trying to think of four different powers to recreate emotion controlling supers, then thinking maybe
instead of four minor powers, they should be combined into a major power.  I'm still not sure of that, but this is where
I've gotten to:

Emotion Control (major)
You are able to get into the heads of your opponents and play with their emotions! During your turn, you can make a Psyche based attack against an enemy model, using one of the following 4 abilities:

•   Anger/Enrage: make a 6D Psyche attack vs. an enemy up to 10" away.  On a success, your opponent will be overcome with anger, and on their turn they will attack the nearest non-civilian model!  If there are two or more models that are equidistant, randomly determine which model will be attacked.  The enraged model receives +1 re-roll on their attack; however, due to their state of anger, their Melee and Ranged defenses are -1D until the start of their followig turn.  Recharge 2+
•   Charm/Love: make a 6D Psyche attack vs. an enemy up to 10" away.  On a success, your opponent is now enamored by your presence, and may even seek to defend you!  The charmed model will not attack you, and if any of their teammates makes an attack against you, they must make a successful TN 3+ roll (use their Psyche Defense stat) or they will attack their teammate on their next turn.  At the start of each of their turns, the charmed model makes a TN 3+ roll as a free action to see if they can break the charm.  If they attack a teammate, they automatically break the charm at the end of their turn.  Recharge 3+
•   Despair: make a 6D Psyche attack vs. an enemy up to 10" away.  On a success, your opponent loses the will to fight, and will be at -1D to all actions until it can shake off their feelings of hopelessness.  At the start of each of its turns, the affected model may use a Move or Special action to try to break free of their despair.  The target number needed is TN1 + the goal difference in the original attack.  Recharge 3+
•   Fear: make a 6D Psyche attack vs. an enemy up to 10" away.  On a success, your opponent is -1D to any Attack actions they make on their next turn.  Their fear dissipates at the end of that turn.  Recharge 1+

Currently none of these have been tested out on the tabletop, and I'm still not sure whether they should be a Major Power (another option for Mentalists or Controllers), 4 separate minor powers, or a combination of both...

Anyone willing to try these out and see how they feel?  All feedback will be appreciated; I'm interested in seeing what all of us can make of these!

-Vilegrimm (Kevin M.)

Offline fourcolorfigs

• Mastermind
    • http://www.four-colorstudios.com/
Re: New Powerset idea for Super Mission Force
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 10:22:47 PM »
Those look great! You've made a fine start here!
Scott P.
http://scott-pyle.tumblr.com/
http://www.four-colorstudios.com/

======
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

--Ernest Hemingway

Offline Vilegrimm

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 11:21:09 PM »
Thanks!

I'm hoping to give them a shot tomorrow, along with the solo rules again.  I am interested in seeing if the Recharge
values of each ability are too high/low, which is going to take multiple games to check out (oh, darn!).

-Vilegrimm

Offline kimryoung

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 12:32:31 AM »
Looks like you just figured out how to represent DC's Psycho Pirate !

I like it!

Kim