Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:50:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690814
  • Total Topics: 118353
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fantasy mix & match for Ss & Ss and A Song of Blades (MAY 2021!)  (Read 5192 times)

Offline Bearwoodman

• Mad Scientist
I am familiar with how hobby time ebbs and flows with the tides of work and family! I hope you are able to revisit this thread before long - who knows, maybe we will see some of your children's work on here eventually!

Offline Dark choda

• Bookworm
I very slowly finished up a reaper bones dwarf recently.  He has a nice big head so it made painting his face less of a challenge lol.

I also got a metal reaper Witch Hunter painted up as well.  He's got a few companions I'll be working on next.

Finally quite a while back I finished up a warband of japanese swordsmen and a big red oni.  I think I neglected to post them because they did not fair well in SS&SS and I banished them from my mind.  I'll have to add a ranged fighter to the group and try again.

Offline LouieN

• Mastermind
  • "Aure entuluva!"
Nicely done

Offline Dark choda

• Bookworm
Fantasy mix & match for Ss & Ss and A Song of Blades (April 2021!)
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2021, 09:12:36 PM »
After a long break.. I am back.  In fact LAF gave me an automated warning for resurrecting my thread because it's been so long.

Speaking of resurrecting, I painted up 2 ghouls and 2 zombies from the Castle Ravenloft board game.  Nice and quick and they seem to enjoy flanking my old vampire figure.

I also took some time to paint up a couple more hunters.  The guy with the big hand gun is Harlan Versh from Warmachine and the whippy lady is a metal Reaper miniature.  They size up well with my other metal Reaper figure.

I'm happy to be back!  My wife is using all her free time to study for a designation so I haven't had to worry about being an attentive husband haha!  I've got a handful more posts to come before I disappear again.

Offline BZ

• Mad Scientist
  • https://oathgrave.blogspot.com/
    • Oathgrave
Re: Fantasy mix & match for Ss & Ss and A Song of Blades (April 2021!)
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2021, 10:24:45 AM »
Nice mix!

Offline Grumpy Gnome

• Galactic Brain
    • The Grumpy Gnome
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2021, 10:43:52 AM »
Great work!
Home of the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

Offline Spinal Tap

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2021, 10:06:07 PM »
Looks like me and you have been painting a similar length of time; shame I've not progressed as fast.

Your figures are excellent.

Offline Dark choda

• Bookworm
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2021, 01:47:02 AM »
Thanks everyone!

Next up I've got a trio of older Skaven models.  I've never painted any Skaven before but I realized that even though the middle one is a lot older with less detail I like it's style much more than the other two.  I mentioned somewhere else that I got tired of painting Skaven after these 3 figures and I was told that I was crazy because apparently Skaven should be painted by the hundreds haha.

I also painted up a metal Reaper minis troll.  He was fun to paint and quite quick as well.  I used the usual zenithal priming with a coat of plaguebearer flesh contrast paint. 

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2021, 12:28:04 PM »
They have all turned out very nice.
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Dark choda

• Bookworm
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2021, 08:22:37 PM »
It's May!!!

2 more figures!  An old citadel Elf (swordsman?) I remember finding some info on him when I first obtained him but I've had a hard time recently.  He has large features so very easy and fun to paint!

Next is a metal reaper mini.  Calbach Greatclub I believe is his name.  I know a lot of you like more realistic weapon proportions but I fancy giant weapons.

After this I start to dabble with some middle earth figures.  It's the first time I paint an army.. though it will only end up being a dozen or so figures per side haha.  Exciting!

Offline Reed

• Mad Scientist
  • Once bought, must be painted.
Re: Fantasy mix & match for Ss & Ss and A Song of Blades (MAY 2021!)
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2021, 06:30:23 PM »
Having read all the thread, you sure have progressed from the first post. Excellent job.