Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:47:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A small step into the jungle  (Read 1113 times)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
A small step into the jungle
« on: May 08, 2020, 06:28:56 AM »

A proof of concept experiment.  More description here: https://steeplechasingzebras.blogspot.com/p/scenery-in-general.html

But not more photos of this project yet. 

Offline Diablo Jon

• Mastermind
Re: A small step into the jungle
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 08:13:44 AM »
Interesting idea I'll quote your own blog here
"Lots more work to do" I'll say  :o
 It sounds like a mammoth project. I can't wait to see how it comes together it should look mighty impressive.

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 01:33:05 AM »
Added a close up of the ellie and thus the tree trunk, too.  May be adding more materials tonight.  Do need hobby shops to reopen to really go to town on the canopies!  But meanwhile I can construct lots and lots of trunks.

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 10:34:29 AM »
 While you wait for the hobby shops you have time to do the groundwork on the elephant base! (I can't talk- I have loads of not-quite-finished -off stuff too)
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline Smokeyrone

• Mastermind
  • Five Rings
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 10:38:51 PM »
Very nice.  Love that game mat you made..
Reigning USTA Florida, and National 50+ Singles Champion  (tennis)  TWO Time Florida 50+ Singles Champion!  Just won State 2019!

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 05:54:56 AM »
"Love that game mat you made."  You mean the drop cloth with the overspray from working on terrain pieces and sometimes the underside of metal bases?   lol lol  (I always paint both sides of metal bases to avoid those glaring tipped over bases in a game.  It just seems the right thing to do.)

Now, if you were referring to the back drop, that I did paint courtesy of many hours watching Bob Ross and The Joy of Painting.

More supplies laid in, more progress laid to rest - temporarily.  But clearing the decks of a Sword of Damocles that has been hanging over me that should help a lot.  We'll see.