Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:10:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690724
  • Total Topics: 118343
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Knights vs aliens /monsters  (Read 1345 times)

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
Knights vs aliens /monsters
« on: May 02, 2020, 01:10:37 PM »
I might be suffering with lockdown cabin fever but I'm wondering has anyone seen medieval style knights encounter monsters or aliens from different portal /realm?
Bit like cowboys vs aliens but with knights, peasants Castle etc so more fantasy than sci fi?
I did wonder as the amazon's in warhammer  have the space slann pistol and there's been references an hints before is it possible for something to come through and go on a rampage?

Offline Admiral Alder

• Librarian
Re: Knights vs aliens /monsters
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 01:26:00 PM »
Sort of like the Dr Who Episode with the Sontaran in Medieval England?

Offline Bogdanwaz

• Scientist
    • O My Ruritania
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 01:59:38 PM »
I did a short RPG game about crusaders and their Muslim foes encountering aliens in the desert.  I did an AAR on my blog here:

http://bogdanwaz.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-high-crusade.html

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 02:17:56 PM »
Sort of like the Dr Who Episode with the Sontaran in Medieval England?

Not a Dr who fan but looks like I will have to watch that episode the time warrior 👍thankyou
Bogdanwaz

That looks a riot 👌
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 04:50:11 PM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline dadlamassu

• Mastermind
    • http://www.morvalearth.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 04:32:07 PM »
Doctor Who (Sylvester McCoy) met Morgaine in "Battlefield" https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Battlefield_(TV_story)

'He could have lived a risk-free, moneyed life, but he preferred to whittle away his fortune on warfare.'
-- Xenophon, The Anabasis

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 05:04:03 PM »
Doctor Who (Sylvester McCoy) met Morgaine in "Battlefield" https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Battlefield_(TV_story)
Sounds interesting but I was wanting something in a medieval setting/time line,where they are dealing with something from the future,
Where as that starts off in 60/70s Britain?
Edit to add I think something like the high crusade novel but without the knights time travelling?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 08:15:09 PM by 3 fingers »

Offline Craig Oxbrow

• Assistant
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2020, 01:16:18 AM »
Vikings face just one alien in the film Outlander, which reimagines Beowulf as about a human from another planet hunting a dangerous and wily alien on Earth in the Vendel era.

The Predator fan film Dark Ages runs with the films' suggestions that the Predators have been visiting for a long time by setting one against a group of Crusaders.

For a whole bunch of aliens, see the comic miniseries Lake Of Fire: "It is 1220 AD, and the gears of the Albigensian Crusade grind on. When an alien spaceship infested with a horde of bloodthirsty predators crash-lands in the remote wilderness of the French Pyrenees, a small band of crusaders and a Cathar heretic are all that stand between God's kingdom and Hell on Earth."

The aliens are very Alien style bugs, with the notable difference that they don't have acid blood so that fighting them hand-to-hand with swords and axes while wearing metal armour isn't totally hopeless.

Offline v_lazy_dragon

• Mastermind
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2020, 10:46:38 AM »
The 2nd Ed 40k Sisters of Battle book had a story about an Imperial Missionary landing on a medieval world, finding a genestealer cult and then getting the locals to rise up against it. There were even options in the army list to effectively field a medieval army (or atleast melee, bow and musket equipped foot troops plus cavalry in some form of armour with lances).
As a slight tangent here was a short story in Inferno once about a (fairly generic fantasy) settlement being attacked by Beastmen and being saved by an 'angel (which was quite clearly a space marine in terminator armour from the description).

Certainly nothing to stop you from doing it :)
If need be, if they are techno Aliens then treat some of the more powerful weapons as magic attacks.
Xander
Army painters thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=56540.msg671536#new
WinterApoc thread: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=50815.0

Offline Commander Carnage

• Scientist
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2020, 03:11:25 PM »
Check out a book called The High Crusade.
"Just don't roll a one!"

Offline Sarmor

• Scientist
    • The Node
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2020, 03:54:09 PM »
There's a comic book Dark Ages by Dan Abnett and I. N. J. Culbard about a mercenary company facing an alien invasion: https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/25-666/Dark-Ages-TPB

Offline 3 fingers

• Mastermind
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2020, 04:26:38 PM »
Thanks every one, great inspiration.

Offline Commander Roj

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2020, 07:10:35 PM »
The Matt Damon film “The Wall” has aliens attacking the Great Wall Of China. Slightly late for knights though...