Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2020, 05:24:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Russian Civil War/Back of Beyond Rules?  (Read 808 times)

Offline Rogerc

• Mastermind
Re: Russian Civil War/Back of Beyond Rules?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2020, 04:23:24 PM »
Another vote for Triumph of the Will.  As mentioned they really do need to be given a second edition with proof reading and clarifications but if you are prepared to overlook that they have some lovely mechanisms and play well once you got into the thought processes used. Some of the mechanisms are slightly counter intuative which I know puts off some of my gamer chums ( roll lower than the number of figures firing to score a hit modified by the quality of the target rather than the quality of the firer) really clever but takes some getting your head around. Also designed for other itner war conflicts so good for your Tsuba Friekorps.

A number of battles using these on my blog, example below:

https://gapagnw.blogspot.com/2019/05/rcw-far-east-aar.html

+
My blog gapagnw.blogspot.co.uk

Offline Truscott Trotter

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2020, 12:04:34 AM »
Excellent write up Roger seems TotW really would benefit from a new edition....once Rich has finished the current 12 projects!  lol

Offline Rogerc

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2020, 06:45:22 PM »
I love the Lary rules as do most (but not all) of my wargamign chums. Sharp Practice probably being me favourite. By reading between the lines and playin g itn the spirit the rules were meant (I think) we get a good game.

Offline Nogbad

• Assistant
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2020, 07:46:08 PM »
I agree. Probably best not rewritten by the creators as the rules will then get 'tea breaks' and other silly in vogue Lardisms. Just adapt what's there already.