Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:04:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689754
  • Total Topics: 118293
  • Online Today: 786
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Void 1.1 fans?  (Read 3633 times)

Offline Henchman21

• Student
Void 1.1 fans?
« on: May 11, 2020, 07:05:27 AM »
Hey folks, I was wondering if there were any fellow fans of the classic i-kore game Void 1.1 here.  I’m one of the people who runs the Void 1.1 Nexus facebook fan group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/224862621250610/) and I just wanted to make sure other veteran Void players were aware of 1) the very active fan community we have over on FB and 2) all the cool stuff that’s been happening with Void recently (developer Q&As, new models & rules in the works, etc.).  Just in case you don’t do facebook, here’s the link to Void’s new home:
https://www.seb-games.com/games/void/

For those of you who aren’t familiar with it, Void is a roughly platoon scale 28mm sci-fi skirmish game.  If that isn’t enough info for you, go to Seb Games and download the rules & army lists – they’re all free, no registration required  :D.  I also left a blurb about it in the sci-fi rules reference thread on this site

Offline Chris Abbey

• Mastermind
    • Sally 4th Wargames Terrain & Figure Storage
Re: Void 1.1 fans?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 07:42:22 AM »
Thanks for that.
I used to play a lot of Void when it first came out. Great rules, figures and background story. I still have all my figures and books, but probably not played in a decade. Will check it out on FB straight away.
Many thanks.
Chris Abbey
Www.sally4th.co.uk

Offline vodkafan

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 11:01:23 AM »
 I probably won't be tempted into the game but it's good to know these figures are still fully available at reasonable prices. Thank you for the link .
I am going to build a wargames army, a big beautiful wargames army, and Mexico is going to pay for it.

2019 Painting Challenge :
figures bought: 500+
figures painted: 57
9 vehicles painted
4 terrain pieces scratchbuilt

Offline voltan

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 11:03:28 AM »
Used to play it a lot along time ago, still got a ton of the figures, somewhere.
Yvan eht nioj!

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 01:57:36 PM »
I know little of the game but the miniatures are fabulous to paint.  I did a few and Urban War in 2005.

By coincidence I'm gathering together a few UW \ Metropolis Viridians for a personal painting project.   ::)  (Wonder if I should post for "wants" here on LAF?)

Very early painting - for me - so apologies for quality. LINK

Offline Phyllion

• Scientist
    • Diary of a Gaming Magpie
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 07:27:56 PM »
Oooh man I collected loads of Syntha and Junkers, great minis. Doubt they ever played a game. Heavens knows where they are now.

Don’t tempt me to look on evilBay...  :`

Offline Henchman21

• Student
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2020, 02:05:45 AM »
Very early painting - for me - so apologies for quality. LINK

Personally, I think that Knight of Balance at the top of the page looks pretty good.  Also, I'm pretty sure I remember seeing those Gladiators on the old Urban Mammoth forums...

Also, for those not on FB, here's a new Void sculpt in the works previewed there:

Offline Dr Mathias

• LPL Champion (S6,S7) Bronze Medalist (S5)
  • Galactic Brain
  • Purveyor of the one-and-only Miracle Elixir!
    • Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2020, 02:38:29 AM »
I painted two Void militia figures yesterday :)

Never did play the game, but I liked the minis a lot.
a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humour, reserve, and caprice.
Dr. Mathias's Miniature Extravaganza

Offline mrgrigson

• Librarian
    • The Overloaded Queue
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2020, 04:34:48 PM »
Wowzers! I remember back this was getting the daily hype from Some Other Minis Page  ;) I confess I never got around to playing it, but I have a rather substantial VASA force (that's sitting... somewhere back in the queue. Sigh). Mayhap I'll take another stab at getting some of those Suppressors done, finally. And should anyone be looking to up-gun their own VASA forces, I've found the 1/100 Vigna Ghina Gundam kit () fits in remarkably well with the original Birds of Prey.

Best of luck with this! I'll give a stab at getting the locals interested once shops open again,

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2020, 04:40:09 PM »
Still got most of my Junkers (stupidly got rid of the plastics 😢), my Koralon, all the rulebooks and some Urban Warfare stuff. Could be tempted back, I remember liking the mechanics.

I wonder how quickly I could bash out the Koralon using Contrasts...

Offline Orctrader

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
    • Orctrader's Painted Figures
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2020, 08:45:59 PM »
Personally, I think that Knight of Balance at the top of the page looks pretty good.  Also, I'm pretty sure I remember seeing those Gladiators on the old Urban Mammoth forums...

Thanks.  And yes, I think I did post the Gladiators on the UM forums.

Also, for those not on FB, here's a new Void sculpt in the works previewed there:

Nice looking new figure.  Who's the sculptor?

Offline Hoarfrost

• Schoolboy
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2020, 09:31:50 PM »
Wow, that takes me back. Used to be on the playtest team for I-Kore / Urban Mammoth, and wrote a ton of scenarios. Still have the files and excel tables for the 4in1 somewhere, too  ;)
This seb-games outfit isn't, by chance, run by Sébastien from the old playtest team?
I don't do Facebook, but say hi to all the old-timers from way back then for me. Best of luck with the restart - I'm unlikely to buy any more miniatures since I have more Void than I'll ever paint anyway, but I'll be ckecking out any new rules or armybooks that'll come out.

Offline Henchman21

• Student
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2020, 05:15:31 AM »
Nice looking new figure.  Who's the sculptor?

John Robertson, one of Void's original designers - he's become a sculptor par excellence  :)

This seb-games outfit isn't, by chance, run by Sébastien from the old playtest team?

I don't think so, this Seb is a Polish fellow  :D

Offline Grimtuff

• Student
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2020, 09:19:04 PM »
Been a fan of Void for the longest while, it was the first game we branched out of the GW ecosystem into. Started with a small Koralon force and then went into a large Junker force (mainly as an FLGS owner was clearing out their stock of Void in a fire sale) and had some updated Koralons too.

The first two forces sadly got sold and the last one got cannibalized for parts for various other conversion projects. (I hear Broodmasters make for excellent Rak'Gol conversions :D) Glad to hear it is coming back, was one of my fave games back in the day.

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2020, 10:01:30 AM »
Ups seems I missed this post :D

My name is Sebastian, and I'm the guy behind Seb Games, and I'm the man behind the Void reboot. Feel free to ask any questions :)

I'm happy to see that there are some Void fans here! I hope we will restore VOID to its former glory!