Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:46:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Void 1.1 fans?  (Read 3585 times)

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
Re: Void 1.1 fans?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2020, 11:36:10 AM »
Hi Seb!

Quick one on the old walkers - I couldn't see them in the 4in1 rules doc on the Facebook group, will they be part of the future re-release and if so which army will they fit into?

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2020, 01:08:52 PM »
Hi Cypher226,

I'm assuming you mean Korvus and Tiger. Yes, they will be back in the game. I think they will be available for all factions like it was in the original Void.

With this reboot, I decide to take a step back, and base the releases around so-called "Purple Edition". I know it can be a bit controversial, but the forcebook (with the little exception of the Koralon book) refer to it. It makes it easier for new players to have all the publication in one place.

Offline Grimtuff

• Student
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2020, 06:40:53 PM »
Hey Seb, got my order a couple of days ago. Good casts, now to go back in time with what was first intro to the game.

Side note, is there any word on if you have the molds for the Arakton Shard Bomb launcher mini? It was never present when Scotia Grendel had them (but neither were the Araktons...), is the mold knackered or will that be available later on?

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2020, 12:01:42 AM »
Hi Cypher226,

I'm assuming you mean Korvus and Tiger. Yes, they will be back in the game. I think they will be available for all factions like it was in the original Void.

Yep, they're the ones. Cheers, appreciate the insight. I always liked the designs but never picked them up - I think my painting skills can do them justice now though 😁

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2020, 11:41:39 AM »
Hey Seb, got my order a couple of days ago. Good casts, now to go back in time with what was first intro to the game.

Side note, is there any word on if you have the molds for the Arakton Shard Bomb launcher mini? It was never present when Scotia Grendel had them (but neither were the Araktons...), is the mold knackered or will that be available later on?

Hi Grimtuff,

I'm glad to hear that you are happy with miniatures :)

I was sure I did have him on my list. I believe the mould is ok, but I will need to double-check it.  I will add it to our restock list, can't give you an exact date when it will be available again, but if mould is ok, I think sometime in June is very likely.

I'm building my Koralon force as well, so I will need one or two minis as well :D

Yep, they're the ones. Cheers, appreciate the insight. I always liked the designs but never picked them up - I think my painting skills can do them justice now though 😁

Always happy to help :)

Cheers,
Seb

Offline Grimtuff

• Student
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2020, 06:26:07 PM »
Sweet! I'll be making another order in the future. Painted those other ones up far too quickly.

Random thought that has popped into my head too, mainly as Google yielded zero results. Does anyone (or are you planning on, if no) produce perspex templates that match Void? Cannot find anything online and my cardboard ones have seemingly vanished into the, um, void.  ;D

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2020, 09:24:43 AM »
Painted to quickly, that's not a statement I hear a lot  lol

Yes, I was thinking about templates, they are on the list  8)

Offline Henchman21

• Student
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2020, 07:13:11 PM »
Random thought that has popped into my head too, mainly as Google yielded zero results. Does anyone (or are you planning on, if no) produce perspex templates that match Void? Cannot find anything online and my cardboard ones have seemingly vanished into the, um, void.  ;D

The gamebox rulebook pdf has them in the back, here's the Scotia Grendel link:
https://www.shop.scotiagrendel.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=217_218_59_69&products_id=3980

I don't know if it still works, and if it does, you'll need a Scotia Grendel account to download it.

Offline Inso

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Often confused or misunderstood...
    • Inso's World
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2020, 01:43:19 AM »
@Seb - It's great to know that the game has been picked up by someone who is adding sculpts to the range. Void is a game that I have all the books for but I've never gamed (I just can't be bothered to game anything... so please don't take it personally ;) )... however, I have a shed-load of miniatures for it and am keeping an eye on the range to see if anything new 'floats my boat' :) .

Good luck! It's great when a bit of enthusiasm gets involved with an aging thing and reinvigorates it :) .

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2020, 12:07:00 PM »
@Seb - It's great to know that the game has been picked up by someone who is adding sculpts to the range. Void is a game that I have all the books for but I've never gamed (I just can't be bothered to game anything... so please don't take it personally ;) )... however, I have a shed-load of miniatures for it and am keeping an eye on the range to see if anything new 'floats my boat' :) .

Good luck! It's great when a bit of enthusiasm gets involved with an aging thing and reinvigorates it :) .

@Inso,

Thanks for your support! And please forgive me for such a long delay in response :)

We have some new minis coming so I hope you will like them.

Also, Seb Games just published the first issue of a mini-mag to support the game (and other products as well) you can download it for free here:

https://www.seb-games.com/battle-mag/

Cheers,
Seb

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2020, 09:08:39 AM »
Ah, I was hoping for a more polished version of VOID. I like how Tactics approaches a smaller skirmish, but I feel the VOID rules are a bit too basic for this and don't offer enough depth I'd like in my skirmish games.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Seb

• Librarian
    • Seb Games
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2020, 01:16:18 PM »
Ah, I was hoping for a more polished version of VOID. I like how Tactics approaches a smaller skirmish, but I feel the VOID rules are a bit too basic for this and don't offer enough depth I'd like in my skirmish games.

Hi Malebolgia,

Thanks for your feedback! The plan is to add a bit more to the Void Squad Tactics in the next issue of BattleMag!. The core idea for it is to allowed new players to start playing the game as soon as they finish painting the first few miniatures.

But yes, adding a bit more is definitely a good idea :)

Cheers,
Seb