Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:51:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A Very Narrow Victory...  (Read 602 times)

Offline Vis Bellica

• Scientist
    • Vis Lardica
A Very Narrow Victory...
« on: May 13, 2020, 08:25:05 AM »
Time for the weekly battle with Daughter #1’s boyfriend K, trapped with us for the duration of lockdown.

We’d left it a bit late in the day to start (family quiz evening!) so elected to play To The Strongest. I would take the Neo-Sumerians, K would play the Athenian Hoplite Greeks. This is one of our favourite combinations: both sides consisting mostly of deep spear-armed blocks of infantry.

In TTS, there are several variants of the basic Sumerian army. In chronological order, they are Dynastic Sumerian, Akkadian and Neo-Sumerian. I had chosen the Neo-Sumerians because although their spear blocks are almost all raw citizen militia , they do have the ability to field a sizeable Royal Guard of archers and axemen.

My plan, therefore, was to keep my spearmen away from the mincing-machine of his Hoplites whilst the Royal Guard knocked out as much of the rest of his army as possible. I could then surround the Hoplites and polish them off.

Click on the link below to see what actually happened in the form of a pictorial report…

https://www.vislardica.com/blog/2020/5/12/tts-aar-a-narrow-victory

Online Harry Faversham

• Galactic Brain
Re: A Very Narrow Victory...
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 10:40:50 AM »
A damned near run thing, sounds like you all had great fun!

:-*
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"