Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:58:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686596
  • Total Topics: 118110
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Evil Dave's Epic Imperial Guard - 2022 Retrospective  (Read 17138 times)

Offline Evil Dave

• Scientist
Re: Evil Dave's Epic Imperial Guard - Salamander Scouts
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2020, 02:05:07 PM »
Thanks guys.

I finished the Salamander Scouts this week, throwing one on the floor in celebration. After a bit of glue the autocannon was reattached and they were finished, again…

I also painted up one of the Commissar character plugs. I glued a fish eye on his back for a hatch and sculpted the arms. Super close up he looks like he's grinning like crazy.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2020, 02:46:01 PM »
Brill  8)

Sorry if I missed it but where are the bases from? Are they Flames of War?
cheers

James

https://www.oshiromodels.co.uk/

Twitter account -     @OSHIROmodels
Instagram account - oshiromodels

http://redplanetminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/

Offline Evil Dave

• Scientist
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2020, 03:49:30 PM »
Yup, FoW small and mediums.

Offline batu

• Scientist
    • My Stuff:
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2020, 05:02:57 PM »
The commissar is a beautiful addition!

Offline Suber

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2020, 02:43:49 PM »
Everything is gorgeous. I love this thread

Offline Evil Dave

• Scientist
Re: Evil Dave's Epic Imperial Guard - Manticores
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2020, 11:59:03 AM »
Thanks guys.

The Manticores are all finished up. I went with some classic red on the missiles. Just the Stormhammers left, after that I need to figure out if I'm building more guard or painting something else.

Offline Evil Dave

• Scientist
Re: Evil Dave's Epic Imperial Guard - Stormhammers
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2020, 01:04:01 PM »
The Stormhammers got finished up last night. I ended up adding four more heavy bolters per tank to make them WYSIWYG. They originally had four total in Epic: Raiders and on the model, but a long standing typo for twin heavy bolters was officially adopted this year.

At this point, all of what I've built has been painted. Back to the conversion table next for another handful of tanks.

Offline Evil Dave

• Scientist
Re: Evil Dave's Epic Imperial Guard - Back to Building
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2020, 05:20:16 PM »
I started building my next batch of thirty-ish tanks. I plan to finish the last two super-heavies, along with another artillery, Leman Russ and support option again. First up are the Vanquishers, these got elongated barrels. I still have to go back and drill out for the hatch/Commissar plugs.

For artillery this time around I went with Bombards. I used chimera chasis hulls instead of the Russ chasis they came with (that's now called a Collussus I think) with the bombard mortar sans shell crane.

The Demolishers got their heavy plasma cannon sponsons, but I'm still thinking on the turrets. A shortened barrel looks a little too "phoned-in". I got to see what else I can come up with here. 

Finally, I flocked the Exterminators to see what that's going to look like. This was pretty much what I did for my Knights so I'll likely continue it with this army as they're both Space Marine/Titan Legion era.

Offline OSHIROmodels

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Custom terrain a speciality.
    • Oshiro modelterrain
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2020, 05:33:56 PM »
Nice  8)

I always though the demolisher turret itself was a bit too long so maybe a normal turret with a demolisher cannon might work?

Offline Steam Flunky

• Mastermind
  • Stop the world.I want to get off!
    • My Miniature collections on Flickr
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2020, 06:50:39 PM »
Nice work! I am looking forward to seeing some photos of them set in scene (in action, on the table).
laf medals by Robert  (steam flunky), auf Flickrhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/torq42/sets/

Offline 6mmfan

• Mad Scientist
    • https://6mm.wargaming.info
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2020, 08:44:48 PM »
Fantastic work and detailing on the models.

Also the colours you used really pop.

Offline fred

• Galactic Brain
    • Miniature Gaming
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2020, 09:06:49 AM »
Great work (as always!) good to see the attention to detail on the different vehicles.

Offline Evil Dave

• Scientist
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2020, 04:48:57 PM »
Thanks guys.

Slow but steady progress on the next batch of tanks. I finished up the Hydra this week. I wasn't a fan of the Space Marine/Titan Legion era Hydra, the autocannons pointing straight up in the air with no means of tracking aircraft seemed pretty dumb to me. This is the conversion I came up with.

I modeled it after the Epic 40k era Hydra, cutting and pinning the autocannons to the side of a Manticore weapon platform with its missiles filed off. I used a plasticard channel to get everything level with the top of the tracks, and a greeble that I cut off of the autocannons onto the back of the chasis. I got the idea from a TacComm post some ten years ago.

I also started work on the Stormswords this week. They'll be getting some heavy bolters and flamers next.

Offline Evil Dave

• Scientist
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2020, 03:07:35 PM »
I finished the Stormswords the other night. They're Shadowswords with the barrel clipped off with some heavy bolters stuck every which way on it. The heavy flamer is the same conversion I did for the Salamander Command tanks: Squat Trike multi-melta with the barrels carved up.

I also figured out what I'm doing for the Demolisher barrels, they're the shells from the Bombard mortar cranes. Like the Buffalo was to the Cheyenne people, the Bombard is to this army: every part will be used.

Finally, I started to figure out what I'm going to do for the Stormblades. I thought I had three spare sponsons for the right side, but I haven't been able to find them so I'll need to convert them out of plasticard.

Offline Evil Dave

• Scientist
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2020, 01:21:46 PM »
I finished the Demolishers last night, using all size of the shells from the Bombard cutoffs. The fit pretty well after some filing but I still needed to do a little bit of putty work around the turret.

Just the Stormblades are left before I head back to painting, but I need to do a short tangent for a gift this week.