Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:57:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686454
  • Total Topics: 118100
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 15mm BAOR Battlegroup 1984  (Read 2883 times)

Offline Etranger

• Mad Scientist
Re: 15mm BAOR Battlegroup 1984
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2020, 05:31:34 AM »
Big Jem has minions for that sort of thing!  :o
"It's only a flesh wound...."

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
    • Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2020, 03:54:18 PM »
Can you tell us how you do your photography, please? 

Your work and the photos of it make a mockery of those who say magazines need to feature 28 mm and larger because the 'smaller' scales just don't photograph well.  15 mm baby!   lol
I point my phone at them and press the camera button. :)

If you want technical details, it's a black-coloured one.   :D

On a serious note, I used to use 'proper' cameras, but never really had a clue how they worked and it was more accident than design.  Then about five years ago I got a Nokia Windows phone which had a great camera and I was finally able to use my phone to take reasonably good pictures of models and games.  At Christmas the wife (a total tech-geek and gadget freak, who like all wives always wants the latest and best, when I'll happily keep using phones/cars/houses until they terminally break down, much to her enduring fury) insisted that I have a new phone, as she could no longer stand the embarrassment (??????). 

Anyway, I got a Samsung phone, the same as hers and the camera is absolutely superb and far better for taking photos of games in our dark and gloomy club (compare the recent game on my blog to the previous one - the contrast is astonishing):

Old Windows Phone - great in good light, but struggled in our dark clubroom, where tables are irregularly lit by spotlights:

New Samsung phone, exactly the same lighting:

Aside from the quality of the camera, the BEST thing about the phone is that the phone-salesman was an ex-cadet (a lad I took to Normandy on one of my battlefield tours) and he gave me the best possible deal, so I'm paying £15 less per month than my 'early-adopter' wife (again, much to her enduring fury)...  lol

I usually try to take them outside on a sunny day, though the best days are actually when there's a thin layer of cloud, so the light is bright but diffuse.  I've got a circular cafe-type table in the garden, so I just put my terrain cloth over that, a few trees and buildings to mask the background wall and set up the troops, while fending off the jackapoo mentalist, who invariably wants to do what I'm doing or alternatively run round the garden with a base of troops or a tank... Or my wife's rather expensive hat...

Suffering from insomnia?  Too much excitement in your life?  Jemima Fawr's Miniature Wargames Blog might be just the solution you've been looking for: www.jemimafawr.co.uk

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2020, 08:34:02 PM »
Big Jem has minions for that sort of thing!  :o
I had to let the minions go for the sake of my sanity, sadly.  :'(

Offline SABOT

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
  • " Keep Loading !"
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2020, 10:25:26 PM »
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2020, 12:35:34 AM »
"I point my phone at them and press the camera button. :)

If you want technical details, it's a black-coloured one.   :D"

lol lol  Brilliant repost.

And thank you for the more detailed information as well. 

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2020, 01:36:08 AM »
"I point my phone at them and press the camera button. :)

If you want technical details, it's a black-coloured one.   :D"

lol lol  Brilliant repost.

And thank you for the more detailed information as well.
That really is the depth of my technical knowledge.  :-I

I'm the same with cars.  The missus will be taking them for test-drives, asking technical questions and exploring all the performance options.  I'll be looking to see how many terrain boards I can fit in the boot.  She'll ask me if I like some model I've never heard of and gets infuriated when I ask her what colour it is or if I can have a tank or aeroplane question instead.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2020, 06:01:48 AM »
I think your Jackapoo and my Multipoo have the same powers. I regularly have to chase her about the house, while she absconds with things she should not be able to steal.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Jemima Fawr

• Mastermind
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2020, 04:51:06 PM »
I think your Jackapoo and my Multipoo have the same powers. I regularly have to chase her about the house, while she absconds with things she should not be able to steal.
Indeed... Today 'The Little Bastard', as she is commonly known, made off with a base of freshly-painted Napoleonic Russian horse artillery as I was distracted, photographing another unit.  >:(