Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:51:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: 1st Btn Canadian Scottish Regiment Normandy '44  (Read 1919 times)

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
Re: 1st Btn Canadian Scottish Regiment Normandy '44
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2020, 07:25:25 PM »
I usually use a camera to take pics, because my iPhone camera has a habit of doing this. Even when I’ve downloaded the pics to my pc, reorientated them, then saved them as a new file, when I then post them here using the img/ code,  they sometimes randomly appear in the wrong orientation. It’s like the ios within the device that took the picture has embedded some kind of instruction into the file, and even when you go through the steps above, as soon as it hits the forum software, or another internet application, it throws a fit and reverts to its original format. Weird and annoying. I think, although I could be wrong, it’s mainly a problem with Apple devices.

All you can do is try a different camera or phone  :?

Offline TheDilfy

• Librarian
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2020, 09:09:18 PM »
I usually use a camera to take pics, because my iPhone camera has a habit of doing this. Even when I’ve downloaded the pics to my pc, reorientated them, then saved them as a new file, when I then post them here using the img/ code,  they sometimes randomly appear in the wrong orientation. It’s like the ios within the device that took the picture has embedded some kind of instruction into the file, and even when you go through the steps above, as soon as it hits the forum software, or another internet application, it throws a fit and reverts to its original format. Weird and annoying. I think, although I could be wrong, it’s mainly a problem with Apple devices.

All you can do is try a different camera or phone  :?

Thank you Capt. B I will tomorrow depending on work  :)
Climber, Motorbiking, Board gaming and Wargaming

Offline TheDilfy

• Librarian
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2020, 09:11:58 PM »
Regarding the photo orientation, it might be that you have to save them explicitly after righting them. I seem to recall that some smartphones have some issues with cleanly distinguishing between portrait and landscape format.

Are you directly uploading from your phone, or did you transfer them to a PC first? If possible, you might try the latter, open them in a simple photo viewer like Irfanview or Paint, correct the orientation and then save them before uploading them to the forum.

Samsung S7 directly first then sent photo to PC then tried that  o_o it seems to like the rest just not that one 🤔🙄😭

Offline TheDilfy

• Librarian
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2020, 09:13:35 PM »
We can all stand on our heads lol lol lol
To see how good they are :-* :-* :-* :-*

lol lol There's a Monty Python moment there I'm sure of it  ???  :D

Offline TheDilfy

• Librarian
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2020, 09:15:45 PM »
Lol... bad news. :D

They look good though.

Ugh  :-X I'm going to take Capt. B suggestion on a different phone camera  ;)

And thank you for the kind comments.  :)

Offline Belisarius

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
    • Yahoo groups Ulster Wargames Society
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2020, 10:14:54 PM »
If it’s any consolation, I have the same problem with my I Pad . It’s driven me to distraction at times  :)