Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:38:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Pantagyan Tyger Force - jungle terrain June 4th  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
Pantagyan Tyger Force - jungle terrain June 4th
« on: May 21, 2020, 06:39:47 AM »
A bit of fun from me today. I have had a longn standing love for Catachan jungle fighters and G.I. Joe Tiger Force  - Now I have combined the two in my IG army  - the Tygers of Pantagya.

More images at the blog

https://clovermilk.blogspot.com/2020/05/pantangyan-tyger-force.html
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 05:01:22 PM by Dr. The Viking »
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
Re: Pantagyan Tyger Force
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 07:02:35 AM »
Cool!
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Cypher226

• Mad Scientist
    • Friendly Fire
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 07:50:41 AM »
Ah, Tiger Force... Thanks for sharing that pic of the toys, brought back a lot of great memories  :D
I always wanted the Tiger Rat (a repainted Cobra Rattler iirc) but never got it  :(

Nice work on the minis, the plastics are some of the worst still in production by GW imo, but the older metals still look good, and you've done them justice!

If there are new Catachans in the offing (as seems hinted by recent special edition miniatures) I could see a veteran squad popping up in these colours...

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 08:11:30 AM »
Ah, Tiger Force... Thanks for sharing that pic of the toys, brought back a lot of great memories  :D
I always wanted the Tiger Rat (a repainted Cobra Rattler iirc) but never got it  :(

Nice work on the minis, the plastics are some of the worst still in production by GW imo, but the older metals still look good, and you've done them justice!

If there are new Catachans in the offing (as seems hinted by recent special edition miniatures) I could see a veteran squad popping up in these colours...

Yeah they're not very good models. Odd how long a run they've had considering that... That's 21 years or so!

Offline Pictors Studio

• Mastermind
    • Pictors Studio
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 05:09:04 PM »
One: Nice shoutout to Moorcock  and derived bands: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBHIw_Ptf7g

I appreciates that.

Second: Super nice job on the models.  With the box label thing on the picture they look like they could be an official GW pic from the period. 

I also agree with Cypher226, those plastics are the worst GW still has in production.  Even some kits that look worse, like the Space Wolf on the flying sleigh and the current Daemon prince, have an edge on them by at least being in scale with the rest of the range.

These guys had arms that were bigger than Space Marines when  they first came out.  I remember being so hungry for IG plastics when they were first released and just looked at them and thought, "nope, completely useless when my IG are bigger than my marines in Power armour."

The Catachan old models were even problematic going with the fluff, although they were much better models.

The fact that they had a 5+ save seemed a little out of tune with what was being represented in the figure.  I thought they should have had a separate entry where they had a better cover save but no armour save.

Anyway you've done a bang up job with those figures and I'd happily play against them anytime despite my hang ups with the actual models.

Here is an animation of the original Catachans in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDeGf6Uid0g&feature=youtu.be

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 09:19:21 AM »
These Tygers need somewhere to roam!

So I started building a jungle board. Here's the first 12 odd trees and a tutorial about how they were done:

http://clovermilk.blogspot.com/2020/06/welcome-to-jungle-death-world-jungle-i.html

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2020, 09:30:12 AM »
Ohh. Let me know if you need som plastic plants for your jungle. I have loads surplus from my own jungle build.

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2020, 09:40:18 AM »
Ohh. Let me know if you need som plastic plants for your jungle. I have loads surplus from my own jungle build.

Absolutely! I have a bit, but it's quite same sameish.

Offline Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2020, 09:45:08 AM »
I went a bit overboard on buying plastic plants. So I have quite a lot. I'll fill a box for you.

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2020, 10:09:49 AM »
I went a bit overboard on buying plastic plants. So I have quite a lot. I'll fill a box for you.

Haha ... going overboard is what this hobby is all about. Point in case: just looking at the Newcromunda stuff you guys are playing around with, has made me start looking into buying this and that and everything!

But a box of jungle goodies would be highly appreciated!

Offline Mr Tough Guy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2020, 02:04:32 PM »
Lovely Tygers, and not just inspired by GI JOE but also MOTU I guess? Great scheme though, totally works.

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2020, 05:01:50 PM »
Lovely Tygers, and not just inspired by GI JOE but also MOTU I guess? Great scheme though, totally works.

Hehe well some tigers are battle cats-  lol