Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:37:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Empress Miniatures / Iron Duke joint announcement.  (Read 1932 times)

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
Empress Miniatures / Iron Duke joint announcement.
« on: June 01, 2020, 01:12:33 PM »
Iron Duke Miniatures and Empress Miniatures are pleased to announce that the 28mm Indian Mutiny Range designed and manufactured by IDM and retailed by Empress over the past five years has changed ownership between the two companies. Collectors of the range can be assured that from the customer’s point of view this will be a largely superficial transition. There will be no change in the way in which the Indian Mutiny range is retailed to the public, while Empress intends to continue expanding the range over the years ahead. IDM meanwhile will turn its time, attention and resources to brand new ranges, including its recently announced ‘Orange River’ (Southern Africa in the 1840s and 1850s) and ‘GAPS’ (Gwalior, Afghanistan, Punjaub and Scinde in the 1840s) ranges. IDM and Empress have also concluded a new three-year distribution deal, which will see new IDM products retailed through the Empress Miniatures online store and trade stand just as before.

On behalf of IDM, proprietor Mike Snook writes, “Our sculptors and sub-contractors have of course played a vital part in the success of the high-quality range we’ve been able to deliver over the past five years. In ownership terms, however, Iron Duke is only one-man deep. Out of respect for the customer’s interest I been anxious to secure the ongoing availability of what we have created – easily the best 1857 range there is – over the longer term. Placing the range in the safe hands of well-trusted friends at Empress achieves precisely that. It amounts to a win-win arrangement for both companies and for the customer alike, not least because IDM will be freed up to switch its effort to other fascinating conflicts and equally colourful troops types. Customers can expect to see more great figures from us and of course we’ll be paying proper regard to getting the historical detail right.”

On behalf of Empress Paul Eaglestone writes, “Empress Miniatures has known Mike as a customer, colleague and friend for over a decade and is a great fan of his writing and research. His attention to detail, so prevalent in his writing, well and truly shines through in his Indian Mutiny range and Empress Miniatures are great fans of what is the best range on the market. Empress Miniatures has been proud to not only act as Iron Dukes shop but also in its position as technical adviser in the early days.

Mike’s decision to move onto develop some other ranges after five years is totally logical and very exciting for all fans. Empress Miniatures are very excited to take ownership of the Indian Mutiny range and plan to develop it in many ways. Future plans are to add more to the native contingents such as Indian commanders and Ghurkhas. Also European civilians, naval troops, character packs (who said Flashman?) plus lots, lots more.  So if you are an existing customer, then we hope you can see the opportunities that this slight change will offer. If you have not yet succumbed to the colour and unique character of wargaming and collecting this period, then please look further, as it really is worthy of your attention.”

Time for some pictures.  8)

Offline DintheDin

• Galactic Brain
Re: Empress Miniatures / Iron Duke joint announcement.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 05:03:12 PM »
Jaw dropping!  :-* :-* :-*
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. – Mark Twain, Life on the Mississippi

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 05:40:12 PM »
Flags for Mutineers on the horizon?

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 05:54:06 PM »
Every time I see these figures I just have to keep repeating the mantra..  "not another period, not another project, these are figures you don't need..."

Bloody lovely stuff though.
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline Atheling

• Elder God
    • Just Add Water Wargaming Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 06:00:53 PM »
So, just to check I've got all of this right; basically IDM's will still be sold through empress including the new ranges?

Offline schoey

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 06:39:56 PM »
Wow, these are very tasty, lovely photos and very tempting!

Offline Paul @ Empress Miniatures

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2020, 09:20:54 PM »
So, just to check I've got all of this right; basically IDM's will still be sold through empress including the new ranges?

Nearly. The Mutiny range is owned and sold by Empress Miniatures. New Iron Duke ranges yet to be released will be available via Empress Miniatures for the next three years at least.

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2020, 10:38:51 PM »
Arrgh!
Fascinated by this period ,read all the William Dalrymple books,in addition to JG Farrel’s brilliant novel The Siege of Krishnapoor(sic), however I do suffer from too much stuff guilt,and your Vietnam range doesn’t help!  lol
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline juergen c. olk

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2020, 11:05:24 PM »
a good marriage,

Offline jambo1

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2020, 05:48:12 AM »
The Indian Mutiny range is sooooo very tempting, they look super, one for the future for me I think! :)

Offline Antonio J Carrasco

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2020, 08:49:49 AM »
As long as you continue expanding the range and keeping the high standards of IDM (which shouldn't be a problem given your record and that you use Hicks Pasha as your sculptor!) I will be a happy man.

Need Ghurkas!

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2020, 08:50:14 AM »
those scots are some of the best 'modern' 28mm historicals I've seen - no 'munchkin-ness' at all.
Superb.