Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:11:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: A thank you to the denizens of LAF  (Read 1101 times)

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
A thank you to the denizens of LAF
« on: May 30, 2020, 02:53:21 AM »
Hope this doesn't run afoul of the new rules here!  If it does, I will not be offended by its removal.

I just want to say thanks for this site being here during these challenging times.  Even though I am an 'essential' worker and go to work every day (for which I am very grateful since so many are in such dire straits), I cannot get together with gaming friends to share the hobby so getting to follow what others are doing and sharing what little I've been able to get done has been helping me through these times. 

So, to all of those still posting new stuff here, thank you for keeping those of us in my situation entertained with your work.  It is really appreciated.

Now if I can only get more done to share, that would really help.  But when I said I am working everyday, I really meant Every day, doing weekend duty the last several weeks and probably more - over and above the Monday through Friday schedule.  At least I am helping in protecting the public which makes it easier.

Heck, when there isn't new stuff of personal interest, there is a world of old stuff to revisit.

Online syrinx0

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: A thank you to the denizens of LAF
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 03:01:08 AM »
Indeed it is a wonderful site for inspiration, education and enjoyment.  Drama free and well moderated.  Truly a gem.

My one friend has essentially mandatory doubles during the week and only one day off on the weekend. I'm unemployed and the rest of our group is working from home thanks to covid so we try to game online on his day  off.  Hope you can stay healthy and sane through it all!
2024: B: 0; P: 148; 2023: B:77; P:37;

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 06:10:44 AM »
I was going to post about a WW2 aircraft that's appeared, after over 70 years, from beneath the sands of our pokey little seaside resort. Sadly, I've recently had the harsh words about thingys running afoul the rules, so won't bother...
sad, 'cos it's an interesting little tale.

:'(
"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Offline Dr DeAth

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Little Lead Men
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 08:37:19 AM »
I was going to post about a WW2 aircraft that's appeared, after over 70 years, from beneath the sands of our pokey little seaside resort. Sadly, I've recently had the harsh words about thingys running afoul the rules, so won't bother...

:'(

I'm sure if you post it in line with the rules it will be ok, I find the moderators here to be some of the best and most reasonable of all the forums I frequent.  Sounds like an interesting story too.
Photos of my recent efforts are at www.littleleadmen.com and https://beaverlickfalls.blogspot.com

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 09:54:19 AM »

Steve, I'm not sure what that's got to do with this thread. However... Harsh words? Hardly. Just a request to cut out posts contravening LAF rules 2.4 and 2.7. If you have a item of interest to LAF members, relevant to the tabletop wargaming hobby, that doesn't contravene the forum's rules concerning inappropriate expressions of nationalistic sentiment or use of perjorative slang terms for particular nations, races or ethnic groups, you're free to post it in the relevant board.

Offline Harry Faversham

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 10:21:44 AM »
Thanks for that. Just me being a bit paranoid over putting up another black. I'll bung it in this section if that's OK?

:)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 10:28:49 AM by Harry Faversham »

Offline Captain Blood

• Global Moderator
  • Elder God
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 11:57:26 AM »
If it’s WW2 related, maybe in that board. Ta.